Going to Laconia Bike Week from Florida??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Laconia Bike Week from Florida???

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Hmmmm....you told me you'd never do it again. Not the support I was looking for!

Lol Yeah I won't. That was a horrible experience.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Hmmmm....you told me you'd never do it again. Not the support I was looking for!
    Lloyd said Mt Washington was "wicked." Does wicked mean good or bad?

Yes Mt Washington was wicked and I do mean "wicked Good". We did it last year and one guy stopped on the way up and was having a moment! I known this guy for 15yrs and never knew he was that scared of heights. He said he was good until he stood on his pegs to look off the side but he made it after some encouraging words. It can get busy especially with the tour vans going up and down but worth the slow ride to the top.
    Last year it was closed on Saturday for a bunch of crazy people who were running up it. We went back on Sunday on our way home.
    Teach if you think I had some funny expressions you would die to meet this crew that is riding down with me. I actually have to sometimes double take and think '' what is he trying to say???''

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Yes Mt Washington was wicked and I do mean "wicked Good". We did it last year and one guy stopped on the way up and was having a moment! I known this guy for 15yrs and never knew he was that scared of heights. He said he was good until he stood on his pegs to look off the side but he made it after some encouraging words. It can get busy especially with the tour vans going up and down but worth the slow ride to the top.
    Last year it was closed on Saturday for a bunch of crazy people who were running up it. We went back on Sunday on our way home.
    Teach if you think I had some funny expressions you would die to meet this crew that is riding down with me. I actually have to sometimes double take and think '' what is he trying to say???''
    Suezanna likes Mt Washington. But she's BA like that. I hated every second. I didn't think I was gonna get my fingers loose from the grips.

Anyone who stands on their pegs to look over the side should get pushed over the side. That's just ridiculous.

Hey I have a hard enough time understanding Northerners to begin with!!!

Mt Washington is wicked pissah kid!

I rode up Mt Washington on my Yamaha FJR , and my hubby was on a Buell 1125R. I was fine going up, until we got stuck behind a tour bus who kept stopping on steep sections of the DIRT road near the top and we were doing our best just to keep moving forward and not lose traction! It was very foggy on the way up too, could not see anything. On the way down the fog lifted and you could see how steep it was down the side of the mountain! Hubby was NOT enjoying it, all he wanted to do was get down! He said he would not do it again. I "might", if I knew that I would not get stuck in tour bus (its really a 15 passenger van type thing) traffic and stop & go traffic on the dirt parts!

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazilla View Post
    I rode up Mt Washington on my Yamaha FJR , and my hubby was on a Buell 1125R. I was fine going up, until we got stuck behind a tour bus who kept stopping on steep sections of the DIRT road near the top and we were doing our best just to keep moving forward and not lose traction! It was very foggy on the way up too, could not see anything. On the way down the fog lifted and you could see how steep it was down the side of the mountain! Hubby was NOT enjoying it, all he wanted to do was get down! He said he would not do it again. I "might", if I knew that I would not get stuck in tour bus (its really a 15 passenger van type thing) traffic and stop & go traffic on the dirt parts!
    I would not do it again. Unless y'all were. In which case I'd have no choice. can't wait to ride with y'all. ))

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    I would not do it again. Unless y'all were. In which case I'd have no choice. can't wait to ride with y'all. ))
    Y'all can ride up together without me....I'll ride around and wait fer ya's

Maz! Good to see you around!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Still Looking for Florida Riders making the trip to NH

Hi Folks;

So I'm still interested in seeing if there is anyone out there planning to ride up to NH and looking for some riding company. I'm planning on leaving Tuesday the week before and taking my time riding up. No Iron Butt ride....

WEG

By this morning's weather forecast it looks like a wash out for Americade this week. Laconia week is looking pretty good right now. However you folks coming up from the south might want to remember to bring some warm cloths. It still might be a bite cool up there and I don't mean that in a good way.

Hi Bob Penn

Good advice. I'm originally from Boston area and know NH weather well. Old Yankee expression: "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute..."

Three years ago rode up to Laconia and the weather was in the mid 70's but chilly at night. Great biking weather, IMHO of course... But it can get really cool this time of year. Need to be able to layer up.

Ride safe

WEG
    ATGATT