Put the stock shorty windshield back on

Thread: Put the stock shorty windshield back on

Put the stock shorty windshield back on

Until I solve an intermittent starting problem, I'm restricting my rides to fairly short distances that begin and end at the house. So I thought I'd take off the large touring windscreen and put on the shorty. It feels like a totally different bike and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it's true, variety is the spice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by khahn View Post
    Until I solve an intermittent starting problem, I'm restricting my rides to fairly short distances that begin and end at the house. So I thought I'd take off the large touring windscreen and put on the shorty. It feels like a totally different bike and I'm really enjoying it. I guess it's true, variety is the spice of life.
    You should look into the MRA XCREEN, it'll turn the stock screen into a long distance screen so you won't have to swap out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWmO0mH_OzU

Re starting problem

Quote Originally Posted by khahn View Post
    Get your Cam/Crank position sensor checked. I replaced mine and it solved my intermittent starting issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    Get your Cam/Crank position sensor checked. I replaced mine and it solved my intermittent starting issues.
    Yea, that's the code it's throwing and that's probably the problem, but it's so friggin intermittent that I have a hard time believing it right now. It's done it 3 times, once last year and twice this year, stranding me at work one time. It's only done it on cold engine start up, never throws a wonky code while running and never on warm engine start up.

I LIKED that shorty stock windsheild. Made a couple of long runs with it and enjoyed every minute of those runs.Even through heavy rain
    Then I went to Huntsville via Memphis passing through Arkansas.The bugs were just too much. Couldnt wipe them off fast enough,literally.
    So I bought the Clockwerks screen. Good trade off and no bugs in my facesheild. Just the right height for me.
    But I miss those wind in the face days sometimes...