Oregon road advice

Thread: Oregon road advice

Oregon road advice

Hoping someone can provide a little advice on selecting a good road to the Oregon coast heading west from highway 99W. Goal is to spend large part of the day at the Evergreen air and space museum in McMinnville and then leave museum mid-afternoon and ride south on 99W as far as possible before turning west for an overnighter on coast. Was thinking Hwy 38 west to Reedsport would be good based on Michelin road atlas. Don't have a Butler map of the state unfortunately. Anyone out there know if 38 is decent or if #34 to Waldsport would be better? Other ideas? Thanks!

Kings Valley Hwy to Hwy 34

Haven't been on 38 this year yet but 99W to Rickreal and then cut over to Hwy 223 (Kings Valley Hwy) and head south to Philomath. At Philomath get on Hwy 34 west. Gives you a little more scenery and curves than slabbing all the way down 99W to 34.

If you have the time, at the Alsea summit take Mary's Peak Road up to the summit and back down. Favorite sport bike road detour. Have never followed it past the summit as I believe it becomes gravel.

Safe travels.
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Thanks for that info, CopperMike. Really helpful.Will be looking at those suggested roads very closely. Thanks again for the response.

Just an FYI....

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Hoping someone can provide a little advice on selecting a good road to the Oregon coast heading west from highway 99W. Goal is to spend large part of the day at the Evergreen air and space museum in McMinnville and then leave museum mid-afternoon and ride south on 99W as far as possible before turning west for an overnighter on coast. Was thinking Hwy 38 west to Reedsport would be good based on Michelin road atlas. Don't have a Butler map of the state unfortunately. Anyone out there know if 38 is decent or if #34 to Waldsport would be better? Other ideas? Thanks!
    if you are riding in the area of northern California, coming off the coast, check out this route...(I plan to ride it later today - rated the #1 riding road in California):

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/10....rsAWcM4x.dpbs

C

Hwy to the Coast...

Kinda confused as to where you want to go on the Coast, but Hwy 34 going to Waldport is an amazing ride. Hardly any traffic, and sweeping turns, just about perfect at 50-55 mph. Hwy 36 to Reedsport is another awesome ride. More traffic than 34, but faster. There is an Elk Viewing Area along the way just before you get into town in Reedsport, that is really cool. A large herd hangs out there most of the time. ANY road you choose in the northern part of the state is going to have way more traffic on it. This weekend is the Rhodenderon Festival in Florence, so every State Trooper will be hanging out on the 101. Watch your speed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Everywhere you go, there you are" Please, visit us at www.bigfootmotorcycletours.com

Oregon Roads

I can assure you that if Copper Mike says a route is good, it is! I ride with Copper and he has lived this area for many years and is well versed on the roads in Oregon. Trust the man
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68