F6B Dyno'd - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dyno'd

Can't imagine throwin all those parts on the bike without getting a stock baseline run... Hopefully someone has one to post.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Can't imagine throwin all those parts on the bike without getting a stock baseline run... Hopefully someone has one to post.
    Most stock gl1800's dyno around 102~105 depending on the dyno.

For dyno runs with a baseline, check out the thread "Dyno Run" in "The Garage" forum.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yeah, but,,,

If it ain't the same bike on the same dyno by the same operator under identical conditions ,, its all a bit 'fuzzy'

I saw a before / after chart for the GL1800 on Bazazz's site where it gained about 3 HP/ 3 TQ (with Bazazz only) Of course, multiple mods can all 'work together' for larger gains.

Not a lot of true 'power chasers' with the GL1800 and very few options to do such things even if you are so inclined.

Had a VTX 1800 with intake/ pipes/ PC3 w/custom dual map. Cost a grand+ for parts/dyno time. Ran real nice, and I was happy with it, but the appeal of such things doesn't seem as strong today as it was back then.

That, and I've seen more than enough of these already!

Hey Jloyn,

You might find this and interesting read..........if you want a fast F6B

http://*****************/forums/show...ighlight=turbo

I chased Hp and torque on all my Harleys, This one I'm leaving alone. If squeezing the power lemon is your thing, then more power to you.
    One of the many reasons I went F6B is how it ran out of the box without spending thousands to make it run.
    Damn, am I getting old?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'd consider tweaking on mine,, a little,,, if there were any 'low hanging grapes' to be had. Doesn't seem to be the case.

But then again, I still haven't had mine over 4500 rpm yet!!!

Hey,,,

Wait a minute,,,

I just realized,,,

WHOO HOOO!!! I got grapes I ain't even checked out yet!!! Those located at 4500 PLUS rpm!!!!

So... O.P.

Is the Bazzaz unit in combination WITH their Bazzaz auto tuner ?

I like that dyno sheet, is it at less than 100% correction ?

I've had my experiences with dyno games against Harleys with my Yamaha Stratoliner 120ci, so I know a little bit, but not too much. I really believe those low numbers people put online on our motor are less than a 100% correction factor and of-course smoothing 5. There is so much to consider in a dyno, the weight and experience of the operator and all the other factors.

There is a reason this bike is so quick, aerodynamics and power is really something to be reckoned with by other bikes thinking of trying to antagonize you.

Like I said in another post, numbers are a game, this bike can run right there with my 120ci 110hp 140 lbs trq Stratoliner, that just don't make sense. Although the Stratoliner would roast the tire off the rim in 3 gears it still couldn't beat out more than like 113-114mph in all my 1/4mile runs.

Thanks for your input and those numbers, great work !
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

I love reading threads like this, reading about others with the tinkering addiction. I just dropped 3K lifting my F150 and putting better tires on it. I also have my next set of upgrades to install on the bike this weekend. So spend it if you have it on whatever makes you happy. HP gains are silly expensive, that's a universal truth.

Reading about others spending makes me feel less of a hopeless addict!