F6B Dyno'd - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B Dyno'd

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    An OEM 113 Liner is ~done~ after 4k rpm, Rolling it up tighter isn't going to be 'rewarding',,, TQ is droppin fast and it's HP sucks. It is, however, hellish fun to short shift up to about 70 or so,,,

There's really no comparison between the XV1900 and the 6 in the HIT you azz feels when you crack the wick in top gear at 60 mph. The Wing loses that game big time... but,,, as the revs build, the wing's HP pulls out and the over-stroked torque monster runs outta breath,,, Wing leaves the Liner behind on the big end,,,

Rode my new 6 for a week before I rode the wifes 'Liner in to HOR to trade it for her very own 6. Totally different sensation of power. Cracking open 118 mm of stroke can instantly hit you hard,,, 71 mm? Eh,,, them squirrels have to be sprinting before they can 'bark',, If not, the speed on a Wing just kinda sneaks up on ya after a while,,

120, you outta pull them heads off yer 6, cut the bowls back, port, polish, rework the exhaust, and dump some more fuel down her throat's w/ a programmer,,,

C'mon,,, We KNOW you wanna do it!!!

I think I'll wait for Blacksmith to come through on something.

A little 20-30 shot of nitrous will always get the job done.

I am going to try to find the fellow in Palm Coast again, the one with the land speed Goldwing. He knows a lot about this motor. I will try to hook him up with Blacksmith.

I did build my own 120ci in my Stratoliner, sent in my own specs for milling, top ring gap set to my preference, did my throttle bodies, exhaust ports and let Vtwin Racing do the heads. Also built a couple big block chevys, built transfer cases for off road vehicles, frames, roll bars, axles, tranmissions, my father and I built a couple air boats and put Avco Lycoming motors in them.

What I have stuck in my mind is that this bike in stock form is perfectly powered for any occasion [out of the box]. You just cant find that in any bike. Busting out over 100+ in hp and torque and a long powerband has really surprised me. The O.P. [original posters] dyno is impressive, it shows the nature of the beast. But I do believe there will be more to meet the eye from looking at the sheet. I think a cold-air induction and an X pipe to assist each bank of cylinders pull each other with a controller with a power a/f map, can really pull out a little more at a savings of not having to pull heads or cams. Theres always tire size games too, you can do a lot with the tire profile.

Its all fun, especially talking about it like Jbnaz said
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I agree, the power-band / delivery of the flat 6 right off the showroom floor is about as 'plush/seamless/predictable/all-around enjoyable' as it gets!

Until I owned one, I couldn't figure out why anybody would accept the ~reduced~ foot/leg room required by the flat 6. I also discovered 'feet ~back~ positioning wasn't near as bad as I figured it would be!!!

Better be quiet about that X pipe!!! Folks around here are stuck in 'loop' mode!!!

Would be nice if someone could come up with one/bring it to market,,, however,,, don't expect any major MFG to step up to the plate.

For now, 'off road use only' is the only thing that keeps these exhaust manufacturers legally in business. They want nothing to do with developing a 'limited market' item that clearly voids emissions for an engine/bike that has never been used in / recognized for any off-road sport. (We need a 'Run Forest, RUN!' icon here!)

Has anyone ever see a flat-six powered MC in any professional off-road competition??? Me neither.

Bazazz

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Hey y'all.... I bought my Red F6B last Wed (had to wait three extra hours while the dealer completed the build with my accessories) and drove it from the store in Md down to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for the fall rally... I also own a 2009 H-D Fat Bob CVO and a 2009 H-D Ultra bumped up to a 103 ci with high comp heads, Zeppelin seat and a ton of other goodies... but I have to say ... I LOVE THIS FREAKIN" BIKE !!!!

I had the dealer add the Cobra pipes, K&N easier flow air filter, and the Bazzaz tuner to the package... drove it down to Myrtle, and promptly took it to a well known dyno / tuner guy for a check out (Lloyd'z Motor Workz).... Here is the report...

Attachment 2570

Verbally: Kyle said that the Bazzaz auto tuner with the F6B base map in it was doing its job perfectly, and that there was really nothing worth doing that he could do to make it any better....

The numbers: 106.47 HP 115.6 ft/lbs of torque Not too shabby !!!!

Side note: He said these were the quietest dyno runs he had ever done !!!

Now I'm considering replacing the cat converter with torque tubes for an additional power boost... any info on them out here ???
    Have you had any problems with your bike having the Bazazz unit installed? I've had nothing but problems. A hesitation

Bazzazz controller

MoonDawg,

No, I had no problems with it at all.... no hesitation, no running too lean or too rich...

My dealer did the install and initial tune... then it auto-tunes itself...

My dyno sheet was done just to see how well it was doing.... the tuner guy is Kyle Crandall of KMC Powersports while in Daytona last year. He said that the Bazzazz was doing its job and required no tweaking from him during the dyno runs.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Doesn't seem like a huge improvement. Am I missing something?
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

No you're not missing something

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Doesn't seem like a huge improvement. Am I missing something?
    My experience with performance parts on motorcycles, is this. If you jump 3 or 4 H/P, your BUTT DYNO will not be able to tell. IMO It is not till you jump 10H/P, till you can tell the difference with your BUTT DYNO.

Totally agree on the "butt-dyno" determination....

Because I changed out the OEM intake filter for a higher flow filter, and changed the stock exhaust out (did NOT modify the cat though), I added the Bazzazz controller just to ensure that I was getting the best "burn" coming through the engine.

Just seeing a "minor" increase in HP or torque is satisfying enough, but ensuring the longevity of the entire engine through proper fuel/air mixture and burn when changing from OEM components to after-market was my goal...

However...

I am not displeased with the results !!!

Joe

I test rode a yellow F6B about three weeks ago where the dealer salesman said they had removed the cat, installed torque loops ,different exhaust, Bazzazz, and something done to the intake. I'm assuming a K&N filter. They claimed it dynoed at 130 HP. He couldn't produce the sheet on it though. All I can say is it was definitely quick. They wanted $2200 for the labor and parts. The dyno was actually done on another bike with the same set up they had done for a customer. They had repeated the same process on the one I rode. When I last spoke to him he said they were going to take the one I rode to a Dyno. I said , yes I'd wanna see the proof. I haven't bothered to call back, because I bought elsewhere due to when we sat to talk money, he was talking out his rear. He had all kinds of things to say about how I couldn't beat his out the door price, he had to be smokin' crack.

He told me to call him before I bought somewhere else. Yea right. He didn't respect me enough to present a serious price at the first go 'round, I'm not playing his game. I asked him to price me a new 2013 red and he came up 4-5 K higher than what I paid with a single phone call.

If you guys really want more power and speed, you will just have to paint it RED, its the fastest color.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !