I realize I live in one of the hotter regions of the country but how do you guys cope with the summer heat? I typically stop riding between June through August because once it gets above 105 it's just oppressive. I just purchased my F6B 10 days ago and want to ride but yesterday was 102 and Sunday was 103. I fought through it but it just tires me out.

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket and pants. I wear a cooling vest I picked up from cycle gear - which is amazing for about 45 minutes. They need to make a full body suit version of that. Between stops I'll soak a shirt and sometimes even my pants at a gas station bathroom (which gets some great looks as walk out dripping). I know there are expensive air conditioned suits out there but I'd imagine thats more required in humid climates where evap cooling is useless. Plus I'm not going to pay for it - they're so expensive.

I've wanted to build a mister system that sprays from the bike or connects to a jacket and just keeps my jacket and pants damp while I'm moving. Maybe on a switch. I figure a 2 gallon reservoir should last between stops. I wish I was more mechanically inclined or I'd have already made a prototype.