Gregg Allman R.I.P.

Thread: Gregg Allman R.I.P.

Gregg Allman R.I.P.

Another midnight rider down, anyone who has ever dropped a tab of acid or put a little blotter under your tongue owes a great debt of gratitude to the Allmans. Even those that never did can still appreciate the unique, soulful rhythm and blues that spanned generations. There is no feeling like cruising at highway speed anywhere with nothing but mountains and clear skies and all of a sudden "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" from the Fillmore comes on, it's the closest thing to a religious experience one can have outside of a real religious experience. Although Butch Trucks, Duane and Berry died tragic deaths I hope Gregg's passing was peaceful, rumor has it he was in hospice. We mark time in many ways some by our relatives passing away, grandchildren being born and friends dying way too young like buddies in war (In honor this Memorial Day) also we are made conscience of the fact that our own time is marching on, time waits for no one as they say, by the passing of guys like Gregg who wrote the musical score for our youth and as we see them pass away into the shadows it reminds us, I can only speak for myself here, that we too are on that, hopefully, slow walk into the sunset. Savor each and every day, drink it up like good bourbon and NEVER utter the words "I should have...", get on that bike till you can't.

Moral of the story:

Everybody dies, not everybody lives

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post

Everybody dies, not everybody lives

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Love the music but lets remember.....
    Shot himself in the foot so he would not have to serve.
    Testified against his road manager who was getting him his drugs and the guy got 75 years.
    So " I'm no Angel " is a true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Testified against his road manager who was getting him his drugs and the guy got 75 years.
    Whoa, I did not know that RB - a dodger and a rat one worse than the other. Hopefully, he was able to make a good and perfect confession and ask for forgiveness for those things before he died, one can only hope. I find it ironic, now that you told me about the dodging, picture the guy who took his place and went to Nam taking such comfort in their music, being in a strange land and fighting a war, as the only thing reminding him of home when the guy singing is the reason why he's there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Eye opener....only know the music he made and love it.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/