Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started

Thread: Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So sorry to hear that!

As a fellow Aeropeg user, it seems that every time I stopped someplace, someone with a GL1800 of some variety had a story to tell about their Aeropeg drama.
    "Most" of the time, it was "only" the valve cover, but a few times, some people stated that they really screwed things up.
    Hopefully yours is the former.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I requested that Revco make just the blacked out (and/or chrome) cover plates as an additional product line for those that want to black out their bikes.
    No pegs, just a blacked out cosmetic plate.
    They had no interest, nor selling a set of plates before they were milled to accept the pegs.

Sorry to hear about your mis-hap. Glad you didn't get hurt. Too bad about the bike,
    because it's a beautiful weekend for riding, here in Wi. We don't get many like this! Maybe have it towed right to the dealer.

Yep, I grabbed my bike for balance while putting on rubber boots to go feed the horses. Quite embarrassed to knock it over & it landing on the aero peg. It's like $380.00 for the valve cover & $120.00 for the dealer to put it on. I'm now careful to put my peg in every time I stop. Kept the same pegs on it. It is one of those sick feelings to knock it over & see oil leaking.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Aeropeg user also. 60k miles on the Rune with Aeropegs and 5k on the F6B with the Aeropegs. No problems or issues. I am sorry to hear about your incident. Hopefully you will get the bike repaired soon and get some good riding in.
    Let us know how it turns out. I will be more careful with mine now.

Got the 6 trailered home this morning, will call insurance tomorrow to see who adjuster is and when they will get out and look at it, hope it is just the valve cover, did not totally fall, had hold on it when it went over.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

I got absolutely soaked yesterday during the ride home from Rolling Thunder... luckily my leather vest has become half dry.... me and the old lady are getting ready to go the the Crownsville Veterans Cemetery for a ceremony. Then on the the ALR Post 7 for a nice lunch.

My bike had it's first real "hose batch" early this morning... can't believe the amount of road grime that was all over it. The silver matte finish sure is easy to clean though... first bike I ever had that I don' have to fret over; if it rains.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537