What kind of Wax do you use? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Wax do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
    Several of you have reccomended Liquid Glass for our scoots. I think something bad is up with this company. I tried to buy some online yesterday. It is no longer available at Amazon.It also shows up as not available at many other sites. One guy on e-bay seems to have some for a pretty steep price. You can't make a purchase at the Liquid Glass website. When you click on "order", up pops a pdf price list with phone numbers for toll free, regular and fax. The toll free number has been disconnected. I called the landline yesterday and nobody answered, so I left a message. I called them today, and I was told that they can't take credit cards and won't be able to for at least a couple of more weeks. The only way you can order anything is by paying with a check or money order. I have long since stopped paying people I don't know with money orders or checks.

Something is not right here folks.

Seriously.
    Advance Auto has Liquid Glass advertised for $34.99 a can! They have stores throughout Virginia I believe CarQuest is affiliated with AA and may stock LG

Several of you have reccomended Liquid Glass for our scoots. I think something bad is up with this company. I tried to buy some online yesterday. It is no longer available at Amazon.It also shows up as not available at many other sites. One guy on e-bay seems to have some for a pretty steep price. You can't make a purchase at the Liquid Glass website. When you click on "order", up pops a pdf price list with phone numbers for toll free, regular and fax. The toll free number has been disconnected. I called the landline yesterday and nobody answered, so I left a message. I called them today, and I was told that they can't take credit cards and won't be able to for at least a couple of more weeks. The only way you can order anything is by paying with a check or money order. I have long since stopped paying people I don't know with money orders or checks.

Something is not right here folks.

Seriously.
    Since Liquid Glass can't be sold in CA due to C.A.R.B.(Calif Air Resources Board) regs and other BS. I have my daughter in AZ send it to me and she gets it from Advance Auto Parts, it has alway been pricey.... oh and my other daughter in UT. can get it for me at the same store, but it cost even more there than in AZ.
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...100/89013169-P

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I used Liquid Glass for years and then migrated to Zaino. I was insano for Zaino with its SUPERIOR finish but it is WAY more work and time than I want to invest anymore. Currently I'm rocking the F11 Top Coat and I'm happy...happy.....happy

NO LG at Advanced Auto, but is at Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Advance Auto has Liquid Glass advertised for $34.99 a can! They have stores throughout Virginia I believe CarQuest is affiliated with AA and may stock LG
    NOPE! LG is not available to me in DC/VA/MD thru Advance Auto. When I try to order it on the Advance website and deliver to my home, the order will not go thru. And it comes up as not available an ANY local store. Same for carquest... There is a can of it in a Cortland NY store.... probably an error because its not in any other store in that area. Seems suspicious all around to me. There is nothing that states that it is not available in all states. Seems like this product is having distribution issues.

But today it comes back as available on Amazon.

NOPE! LG is not available to me in DC/VA/MD thru Advance Auto. When I try to order it on the Advance website and deliver to my home, the order will not go thru. And it comes up as not available an ANY local store. Same for carquest... There is a can of it in a Cortland NY store.... probably an error because its not in any other store in that area. Seems suspicious all around to me. There is nothing that states that it is not available in all states. Seems like this product is having distribution issues.

But today it comes back as available on Amazon.
    NOT "distribution issues" but EPA, CARB and a few other ridiculous, environmental, tree hugging, left wing issues!!!
    Like I posted, I get it from AZ and UT regularly, but can't buy in CA. there were a few places on Ebay that was selling too, but I haven't looked in a while so can't say for sure now.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Rat Wax

I just ordered something called Rat Wax from Amazon. Supposed to be for matte paint. If it's really good I will update you.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1ywOLljbAL.jpg

I guess this must be Ms. Rat..................I might buy the company if she's part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Since Liquid Glass can't be sold in CA due to C.A.R.B.(Calif Air Resources Board) regs and other BS. I have my daughter in AZ send it to me and she gets it from Advance Auto Parts, it has alway been pricey.... oh and my other daughter in UT. can get it for me at the same store, but it cost even more there than in AZ.
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...100/89013169-P
    Intersting point. Although I have to admit that California's air is a hell of a lot cleaner since CARB started to crack down in the late 1970s. And so is much of the rest of the nation's. I guess you can put me down as committed to cleaner air and water across this great country. Even still, we've got more cleanup to do. Last weekend my wife and I drove down Skyline Drive an hour from Washington. Temps were near 90 and no wind until about 2,000 ft. Looking to the east back towards Baltimore and DC one could see a brown layer of goo all the way to the horizon. It was about as dirty an air day as I have seen in 10 years here. Best part of the day was spent at higher altitudes. Our east coast cities have still have the nastiest air in the country. I expect that CARB banned Liquid Glass because the stuff is loaded with VOCs according the Material Safety Data Sheets I see online. That's too bad for them because the VOCs are a big part of air pollution. They are going to have to reformulate. Eventually. enough rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Just wondering what you guys think I should use as far as wax goes. Thank you for your input
    I really like F11 Top Cote but it's expensive. I have used Bass Boat savor since 2006 when I bought a boat. It is great for bug juice and not much else sticks. I have never washed my bike just BBS on a wet rag and buff when dry. Great for windshields too and can use on seats.

Maybe at the next rally there will be a show-n-shine to display results of our favorite waxes?
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!