I desperately need cruise control advice?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I desperately need cruise control advice?

I desperately need cruise control advice?

Greetings out there to my F6B family!

My arthritis is getting to the point where I need some wrist relief. I love my Black 2013 Deluxe. The bike is just how I want it, but the missing cruise control becomes more of an issue every year that goes by. I need some advice. Has anyone had experience with adding cruise? Are any of the throttle controls worth it. I know they can't compare to cruise. I feel like it would be foolish trading up to a newer F6B just for the cc, especially after all the other add-ons I've spent money on. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you all for your help.

KAOKO Throttle Lock

Asking this question is like asking about which oil to use but here goes:

I've been using the KAOKO for 3 years now, including 2 X country trips, without a hitch. It assembles at the end of the throttle and uses friction to work. Installation is fairly easy, I have a video on Youtube showing the extraction of the center hub you'll need to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbP95M6MSNY

There are simpler choices and more expensive ones, I've had a couple different ones prior to this but this one worked perfect for me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FYONswodn2YKgA

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by RonRider View Post
    Greetings out there to my F6B family!

My arthritis is getting to the point where I need some wrist relief. I love my Black 2013 Deluxe. The bike is just how I want it, but the missing cruise control becomes more of an issue every year that goes by. I need some advice. Has anyone had experience with adding cruise? Are any of the throttle controls worth it. I know they can't compare to cruise. I feel like it would be foolish trading up to a newer F6B just for the cc, especially after all the other add-ons I've spent money on. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you all for your help.
    If you are talking about a true cruise control then all I tell you about is the one from Australia.
    It is truly plug and play and works just as the one in you car.
    I have it on mine and love it.

I also have wrist issues and would really like "real cruise control" but the cost of $800 and the amount of work is not worth it to me.

I have a "Go Cruise" throttle lock. Although a big help it, as most throttle locks, only lock the throttle at one speed which works well for me to get some relief unless I am on winding back roads that require constant throttle changes.

For about $30 it is a great addition.

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_t...0control2.html
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The Kaoko and Brakeaway are both excellent IMO. I'm currently using the Kaoko and after some practice with it I luv it.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Vista Cruise

I installed a Vista Cruise on my 1984 Goldwing and on my 2014 F6B and it works for me. It's easy to install and costs about $20, but it's just a throttle lock, you can't compare it to real cruise control. If you just need to rest your wrist every once in while you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I also have wrist issues and would really like "real cruise control" but the cost of $800 and the amount of work is not worth it to me.

I have a "Go Cruise" throttle lock. Although a big help it, as most throttle locks, only lock the throttle at one speed which works well for me to get some relief unless I am on winding back roads that require constant throttle changes.

For about $30 it is a great addition.

http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_t...0control2.html
    +1 The "Go Cruise" is a cheap and effective solution for some "wrist comfort" and way easy on the wallet

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Asking this question is like asking about which oil to use but here goes:

I've been using the KAOKO for 3 years now, including 2 X country trips, without a hitch. It assembles at the end of the throttle and uses friction to work. Installation is fairly easy, I have a video ........
    +1 on the Kaoko, simple clean design that has worked for me without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    +1 on the Kaoko, simple clean design that has worked for me without issue.
    Does the Kaoko work with the fat Kury ISO grips?

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    If you are talking about a true cruise control then all I tell you about is the one from Australia.
    It is truly plug and play and works just as the one in you car.
    I have it on mine and love it.
    +1
    I love mine, too.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"