Arkansas Rides - Looking for Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Rides - Looking for Advice

Arkansas Rides - Looking for Advice

My wife and I are just in the planning stages of a trip on our F6B from Ohio to Arkansas and back. The trip will be sometime this summer. Here is all I have tentatively planned.

Day 1 - Leave Marysville Ohio arrive St. Loius - Check out the Arch, Dinner, Hotel Stay in St. Lois

Day 2 - Leave St Lois head to Arkansas. No Idea where to stay

Day 3 - Ride Arkansas - lunch spot -- Dinner - Hotel Stay

Day 4 - Ride Arkansas - lunch spot -- Dinner - Hotel Stay

Day 5 - Ride Arkansas - lunch spot-- Dinner - Hotel Stay

Day 6 - Ride to Nashville Tennessee - Dinner in Nashville - Hotel Stay

Day 7 - Hang out in Nashville - Hotel Stay

Day 8 - Return to Marysville Ohio

I am just doing some reading on rides in Arkansas. My wife does like waterfalls so any chance she can photograph them she is in heaven. She also likes photographing practically anything including animals and landscapes.

Any recommendations on how to fill in the Arkansas portion of our trip including lodging recommendations and food would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking some time to help me out.

Bill and Katrina 2014 Black F6B

Bill - we did some great rides in the hills just north & south of Russellville at our last Rally.
    Russellville is a nice central location to stay at and of course you've got Honda of Russellville there just in case.

Unfortunately my Butler map of that area "got gone" when we packed everything up and I cannot remember anything that happened before breakfast yesterday.

One of our members, Monk, is a local there and might be able to assist.
    Shoot him a PM, tell him I recommended him!

This map:
    http://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle...ps/ozarks-map/

was taped to a table and everyone would look at it and plan their day.
    I strongly recommend these maps.
    The "Southern Applachia" map has all the Smoky Mountain roads.
    (I am not affiliated with Butler)

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Most roads north of I40 are all enjoyable. Mt Judea has some tight curves. West central around Mena is nice. Just watch your gas stops, it's pretty easy to go 100 miles between stops. Russellville, Mena, Hot Springs, Harrison, Fayetteville, they're all sizable towns with plenty of hotels.

Mike

Push Mountian Road / 341 between Mountian Home and Mountian Veiw. Pig Trail.

Thank Mike and Steve!! I did contact Monk and he replied to me with some great and thoughtful information. I appreciate your help and I will definitely check out the Butler Maps.

Thanks Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmobile View Post
    Thank Mike and Steve!! I did contact Monk and he replied to me with some great and thoughtful information. I appreciate your help and I will definitely check out the Butler Maps.

Thanks Again!
    Glad I was able to help!!!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

In St. Louis, I've stayed at the Drury Inn at the Arch a few times. Nice hotel with secure parking. You can walk across to the arch. If there is a game, you can walk to the stadium. Do not stray too far, things can get rough quickly.

In Arkansas, nearly everywhere you go in the NW third of the state is beautiful. If you're an outdoor's person, you'll be in heaven.
    The state puts out a motorcycle riding guide listing popular routes, destinations, and events. Their outdoor's guides are very good too.

I've been hearing good things about the Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville. Planning a weekend trip this summer to check that out myself.

One head's-up. In southern Missouri and northern Arkansas there is no such thing as a straight road or direct route. Travel times can be longer than you would expect.
    They also don't have much money to spend on signs. If you see a double warning such as "hill" and "curve," take it seriously.

Cliff House Inn, south of Jasper

I suggest a stop at the Cliff House Inn, on AR-7 south of Jasper. It worth a stop just to take in the view. If you suffer from vertigo, do not go on the deck that is off the back of the restaurant.

http://www.cliffhouseinnar.com/

allen

Thanks for the suggestion. The Cliff House Inn looks pretty cool!

St.Louis Stay

I've also stayed at the Drury Inn next to the Arch. There are two other hotels a Hilton and another one that I can't remember the name of. The happy hour and reasonable rates were what drew me in. The secure parking is also a nice touch. If you are travelling with another bike or two, they will let you put all of the bikes in one spot so you only get charged one parking rate for the group. When in Nashville we also stayed at a Drury Inn. We ate at a place called the Merchants Restaurant. It was very busy but in the heart of the entertainment area of downtown Nashville. That Drury Inn also had a gated parking area. Trip Advisor is a great tool when we take our road trips. The hotels mentioned get 4 and half stars on their 5 star system. Restaurant choices have always been right on in their ratings. When several hundred people review your place and give it the thumbs up, it's probably pretty good. Have a great ride the area is very suited to two up riding as there is always something for your pillion passenger to see. The Butler Maps are gold. We used them when we rode in California and through the Smokey Mountains. They're expensive but really worth it.(I'm also not affiliated with any of the companies I mentioned)