Way to go Harley, what would 2017 be w/o a recall

Thread: Way to go Harley, what would 2017 be w/o a recall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    By continuing to lean out the mixuture at highway speeds. This accounts for the additional heat generated. Thus the need for the wet heads, oil or water.

Mike
    Cooling the heads on these motors is like spraying a water gun on a bonfire besides I can lower the temperature by 10-15 degrees just by taking the lowers OFF these idiots want you to put the lowers on to cool the heads off that are getting restricted air flow because the lowers are on to cool the heads that are getting restricted air flow because the lowers are on to cool the heads that are getting restricted air flow because the lowers are on to cool the heads because they are getting restricted air flow SLAP OK I snapped out of it.

Dual plugged heads will help the emissions, plus should be able to retard the timing a touch, which will help with heat.

The lowers are great for cutting wind and rain off your legs, but yeah, they sure help hold the heat in the pocket, that's for sure! I normally took them off in the summer. But, the new water cooled models are permanent, they house the radiators.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Dual plugged heads will help the emissions, plus should be able to retard the timing a touch, which will help with heat.

The lowers are great for cutting wind and rain off your legs, but yeah, they sure help hold the heat in the pocket, that's for sure! I normally took them off in the summer. But, the new water cooled models are permanent, they house the radiators.

Mike
    Yeap here is what they look like in a parts diagram. I just wounder why HD did not cool the whole head like Honda did with the VTX1800 and only cooled the exhaust ports.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have owned two VStar 1100s, and have been stuck in traffic with them many times. These are strictly "free air" motors...no cooling mechanisms whatever, besides the fins.

Yet, these engines never got hot, at least not enough to be uncomfortable. Go figure.

The Chieftain I rented in Texas through some heat in traffic...not terrible, but definitely more noticeable than the Yammie...and this was in November.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6