Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Using Mobil 1 has improved the shift feel on mine by 50%. I now no longer complain about it, but still do not think it is very good.

I wouldn't describe it as clunky; rather, notchy, stiff and unnatural. After shifting up, I sometimes doubt whether it fully engaged the gear because of the feeling it reciprocates.

I find that the rpms that you shift at do not matter as much as rolling on the throttle with some authority between gears. Maybe that is just how I compensate. I typically shift at 1800-2500 rpm.

What these guys say about revving to 3000+ between shifts is true...that is where it shifts the most smoothly...but...that is often not practical in traffic or between lights. That is my opinion.

My VStar 1100 reciprocated a true satisfactory feeling of a shift between gears...fluid movement, reassuring mechanical engagement feeling and smooth response when throttle is re-applied. Of course, this is a bike that has half the power of the F6B.

I know I have some play in the throttle that I need to address, which I think contributes to my shifting issues.

Using Mobil 1 engine oil has made the biggest difference for the better, overall.
You need to put some miles on your F6B and the shifting issues you feel you have will go away....I have tried most oils in my bike and Mobil 1 made no difference than the Rotella T-6 I am currently using....You will never get the F6B to shift like you wish it would unless you raise the revs to at least 3 to 4 thousand between shifts. I kind of feel from some of your previous posts that your in "reality" more a Yamaha V-Star fan than your current bike...JMHO and I hope you learn to really appreciate the benefits of the F6B....Ride safe