The New Yamaha Star Eluder - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Yamaha Star Eluder

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As I approach the ripe old age of 78, my wife of over 52 years informs me that my next bike '"WILL BE MY LAST" and I know she is most likely correct...I am really liking what I have seen out for 2018 so far, but will wait until the Spring of 18 to really check out and ride some new models...So far I am perfectly content with by F6B and unless something major changes for me I will ride it for now...As said from some I also have no issues with a V-twin as a road bike and my Victory Vision was a dream on the highway to me...No vibes, great wind protection, handled super and did what it was supposed to do....Got a little heavy for me as I got older and that is why I traded for the Honda......Only time will tell....Ride safe

The Victory Vision was the BEST long distance riding bike I have ever owned.

It's a shame it was killed, with the rest of the lineup.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think it's a nice looking bike and would like to see one up close. I won't be trading my B for if but it's not a bad looking ride. Coming off a sport bike the B is heavy. I don't mind the weight on the highway but the sides streets and parking lots at a slow ride becomes real noticeable.

I can find something to like about almost any motorcycle. That one is stretching my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDuck View Post
    I can find something to like about almost any motorcycle. That one is stretching my imagination.
    A perception of any bike will change; while you are operating it -vs- while you are observing it from afar

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    A perception of any bike will change; while you are operating it -vs- while you are observing it from afar
    True dat, and I'll go a bit further, most owners are homers for their bikes...

I'm in the market for new bike but an air cooled v twin with a belt drive just doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I'm in the market for new bike but an air cooled v twin with a belt drive just doesn't interest me.
    Market research must indicate more buyers DO want a V-Twin than buyers who do not.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

It's NOT a Honda Period

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I get it. I've had 43 scooters and I generally have loved them all...except that damn KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I'm with you. I might could get past the belt drive. And I like V-twins. But air cooled?? That's a whopping step backwards. I have zero desire to sit atop one of those heat blasters in Texas weather. My nether regions have done plenty of market research and that's an untenable scenario.