Surprised - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprised

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'll say what I always say...pick some dates. The 2 and 3 hour rides one way west cut into a day ride too much for me. I'd do the usual pie/hotel or a NJ ride. Never been to Jersey other than expressways. I'm good for any Sunday and work every other Saturday until noon. I have a couple weekends booked, but could make something.
    I really Shouldn't be the one to pick the days. As you know I can go anytime to go anyplace.

The Jersey Shore could be fun. Pt Pleasant has a nice family orientated boardwalk with plenty of boardwalk food venders and ocean views not to mention great seafood restaurants.
    Another half hour south is Seaside Heights with an over 1 mile long boardwalk with all sorts of amenities.
    The drawback on either is the traffic if not planned out and scheduled right.

The Apple Pie Bakery and Hotel is always good choice!

This morning I laid plans for Gettysburg for the weekend of July 8 to see their Bike week and visit the National park.

A ride out to Sturgis is in the planning stages all will depend on the weather fronts.

Then I'll be planning for either August 19 /20 or August 26 /27 for a ride out route 6 to see the PA Grand Canyon and visit the Elk herd. Again depending on the weather.

All are welcome to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Now that is a ride to brag about !!
    Years ago my wife and I on a two week vacation rode well over 6,000 miles and 22 states on the East side of the USA. We rode a Kawasaki Voyager 1300 and it would get the job done !
    Yes, that kind of trip is what makes fond memories that will last your lifetime!

It's just a shame that so few take the time to make them while we still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    I really Shouldn't be the one to pick the days. As you know I can go anytime to go anyplace.

The Jersey Shore could be fun. Pt Pleasant has a nice family orientated boardwalk with plenty of boardwalk food venders and ocean views not to mention great seafood restaurants.
    Another half hour south is Seaside Heights with an over 1 mile long boardwalk with all sorts of amenities.
    The drawback on either is the traffic if not planned out and scheduled right.

The Apple Pie Bakery and Hotel is always good choice!

This morning I laid plans for Gettysburg for the weekend of July 8 to see their Bike week and visit the National park.

A ride out to Sturgis is in the planning stages all will depend on the weather fronts.

Then I'll be planning for either August 19 /20 or August 26 /27 for a ride out route 6 to see the PA Grand Canyon and visit the Elk herd. Again depending on the weather.

All are welcome to join in.
    All I can say is any Sunday or depending on which Saturday works for me. It' all about the rain.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Wayne and I are heading to the Whites today. We should be rolling through Manchester at around 8 am. Will be a beautiful day in the mountains. Tag alongs are welcome.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Big day for both of us, plus Sina. The rain In Lincoln surely didn't spoil a minute. Thanks Jim!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Fun ride! Someday I'll remember to use sun screen.
    Riding the upward spiral.

When I pick the 6 up late on Thursday, it will be the last time I rode it since I dropped it Labor Day weekend and the repair shop/insurance started fck'n w/me. Plan on leaving Friday morning for Algona Io for some comradery and boobie gazing. Then I have to decide whether I want to go to Sturgis or Smokie mountains for my end of July/early August ride.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin