Newbe Saying Hello

Thread: Newbe Saying Hello

Newbe Saying Hello

Hey everybody...been a member here for a while but more of a lurker so decided today to stop lurking. I feel creepy lurking anyway!

Have several bikes currently. A 2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2005 Harley FatBoy. Want to add a long range cruiser to my stable.

Here's my problem. Went to my local Honda dealer and sat on a F6B. Felt really cramped. I am only 6'0" but heavy like 275lbs. I don't want to buy a long distance cruiser that I am uncomfortable on obviously. What can be done to make things roomier? Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Old N Grumpy View Post
    Hey everybody...been a member here for a while but more of a lurker so decided today to stop lurking. I feel creepy lurking anyway!

Have several bikes currently. A 2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2005 Harley FatBoy. Want to add a long range cruiser to my stable.

Here's my problem. Went to my local Honda dealer and sat on a F6B. Felt really cramped. I am only 6'0" but heavy like 275lbs. I don't want to buy a long distance cruiser that I am uncomfortable on obviously. What can be done to make things roomier? Thanks for listening.
    I went with Ultimate Kingrider seat and Ergo II Hwy pegs and mini floorboards.6 4 with 32" inseam 280 lbs.Some also went with RDL seat to fine tune butt placement and then helibars for arm and wrist alignment.Change windscreen after all other changes or join those of us with a collection.Search function is our friend.

You can get a seat that puts you further back.
    You can get dropped floor boards from Kuryakyn: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/430...rt-drop-mounts
    Roadsmith makes a brake and shifter relocation kit if you want more leg room: http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/
    There are various handlebar riser kits as well as the Helibar kit which is the most versatile: http://wingstuff.com/products/35632-...ccessories-f6b
    There are multiple aftermarket windshields, some are further forward to give you some more room.

HTH

There are options for seating, handlebars, foot pegs, etc., etc.
    But one thing I'm certain about is after your first ride, you'll change your name from "Old N Grumpy" to "Happy" !!

Glad to see there is hope because I really like the bike. Besides, every bike I ever had I wound up spending 2-3 thousand on seats, pegs, lighting etc to get it "right" for me. Thank you guys for the great advice. I feel better now!

You can make it fit Grumpy,
    I'm 6'5" 400 lb, 36" inseam and was able to make the F6B fit me quite well. First was the Russel Day Long saddle(up 3" back 4") then once my sweet ass was feeling perfect I installed a 16" Klock Works Flair shield that I drilled new mounting holes to raise it another 1". Now that I had my head and ass feeling good I installed HeliBars to get my hands, arms and shoulders in the most comfortable position, thus stopping all shoulder and neck pain. Next was to take care of my foot issues (size 16 boot). I put on the 3/4" dropped floor board mounts from Kuryakyn with different pegs.
    After all that my F6B fits me like a glove and with the Ego lll pegs I can stretch out when the need arises.

Note: Those are not all my F6B mods, only the ones I did for pure comfort.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Just want to echo what's already been said. There are definitely a lot of custom seats, shields, handlebars, etc. to make the F6 a perfect fit for you!

Thank you BigLry and Wingstuff. One other question. Whats the best time of year to buy in terms of deals. Aren't that picky, don't need a 2017 and would happily take a deluxe 2-3 years old as a new leftover.

Thank you BigLry and Wingstuff. One other question. Whats the best time of year to buy in terms of deals. Aren't that picky, don't need a 2017 and would happily take a deluxe 2-3 years old as a new leftover.
    There are a lot of deals to be had on F6Bs a few yrs old especially the 2013 and 2014.
    I'd look for the deluxe model which comes with center stand, passenger backrest, heated grips and self-canceling turn signals the standard model F6B don't. It seems as late fall into winter is best time to deal with dealers and any time from first snow fall until April 15 is the time to buy from a Pvt. party. imo

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/