new Yamaha Transcontinental Touring - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: new Yamaha Transcontinental Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    What is the name of that company that had something like 8,000 great bikes sitting in their warehouse in the $23 K dollar plus range? They couldn't move them until they offered substantial discounts bringing them down to the $15 K range? Then they were able to move them as leftovers and many of us now ride them. Do you think, maybe it was some kind of tax write off plan?

What was the name of that company that just went out of business trying to sell $25 k bikes in a very limited high end market?

When will they ever learn only Harley can do that and It's mainly because of the sheep factor.

Is history destined to repeat itself?

Sounds like you are talking about my 1800 VTX, too. In 2008 I bought a new in crate 06 Spec 3 with a MSRP of over $14K for $8600 if I remember correctly--less than $9K out the door but I had to drive to NJ to get it.

Looks like a re-run with the B and the Valkyrie and CTX1300. Strangely enough I hear they can't build the African Twin fast enough.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll stick with the wing myself, but it's a pretty good looking bike though. I'm with the others as far as the twin and the belt go. I would think they would have gone to a liquid cooled and shaft drive. The FJR 1300 is a great bike and it has it. About the V twin and liquid cooling I don't see why not. The HD V rod has it??????? Just my thoughts. But heck I'll ride any bike as far as that goes, but if I'm gonna be paying for it.........I'll ride with wings..........

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    I'll stick with the wing myself, but it's a pretty good looking bike though. I'm with the others as far as the twin and the belt go. I would think they would have gone to a liquid cooled and shaft drive. The FJR 1300 is a great bike and it has it. About the V twin and liquid cooling I don't see why not. The HD V rod has it??????? Just my thoughts. But heck I'll ride any bike as far as that goes, but if I'm gonna be paying for it.........I'll ride with wings..........
    As I mentioned, I find it strange that they have an entry level tourer/ bagger (VStar 1300 Deluxe) with a liquid cooled Vtwin, but they opted to have this one be air cooled, despite the price being double. Apparently, their market research indicates that American/North American buyers at this level really want the traditional air cooled twin.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    As I mentioned, I find it strange that they have an entry level tourer/ bagger (VStar 1300 Deluxe) with a liquid cooled Vtwin, but they opted to have this one be air cooled, despite the price being double. Apparently, their market research indicates that American/North American buyers at this level really want the traditional air cooled twin.
    Maybe so, but the air-cooled V-twin is cheaper to manufacture and lowers production and engineering costs.....

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    If I were in the market to get a full dress bike again I would consider the Yamaha.I like the looks and it seems to have a great riding position to tour.Has every bell and whistle one could want.Decent warranty and competitive price for the market it shares.The only V twin I have ever owned was a 2005 Yamaha Roadstar and it gave me 80,000 trouble free miles.My buddy bought it and it now sits at 120,000 miles and burns no oil and no leaks so they know how to build a V twin engine.The only concern I would have is engine heat but they claim it has redirect venting.I think this one will do pretty well in the touring market.IMHO for what ever thats worth.
    I agree. This bike is intriguing, but like most on here, I don't understand the air cooled and belt, but I would sure like to ride one. I really like the infotainment system, and I like the looks. I love my f6b, but let's face it, anyone with an f6b should not be focused on looks of a bike. Honda has put out some of the butt ugliest bikes in recent years I've ever seen. But they are honda's, enough said.

What puzzles me most about this bike is how can it be air cooled, belt driven, and weight 957 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    I love my f6b, but let's face it, anyone with an f6b should not be focused on looks of a bike. Honda has put out some of the butt ugliest bikes in recent years I've ever seen. But they are honda's, enough said.
    Really?

So you bought your F6B thinking it was ugly?

Ok. To each their own.

I wouldn't have bought mine if function was the only consideration. I think mine is sexy and definitely unique in a sea of "ME TOO" V-Twins.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Cool

I have an appointment Friday to assist a member ordering the first one in F L A !!!!!

I get a ton of compliments on how cool looking it is. Of course, I did get one guy who asked if it was a scooter...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.