Got the itch again!!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got the itch again!!!!

What did ya get Heavvy? For some reason the link won't work for me to open the pic.

I am saving for my next new bike to put in the garage next to my F6B. Right now the Yamaha FJR1300 is top on the list.

Hornblower: The FJR1300 is a more modern bike with more advanced features than the Kawasaki Concourse. The Kawi maybe more powerful though!!!

In the mean time I am in the process of redoing my 1981 Honda CB750K which I have had since new. I bought it when I was 21 in 1981. I have added mini ape handlebars, my Harley Davidson: Sun Downer seat, Leather Covered saddlebags and tour pack. I added a Givi Airflow windshield, rebuilt the carbs, brakes electircal, forks , etc.... I think it will be better than new once I repaint it and shine up all the chrome.

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/stev...c.jpg.html?o=8

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/stev...t.jpg.html?o=9

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/stev....jpg.html?o=10

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/stev....jpg.html?o=10

Let me know if these links to pics work.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    One of my three is the C14 and I cannot wait to part with her. Properly set up is the key, by the time I figured out what was causing my issues with the bike I was done with her. Awesome machine for sure once you throw away the OEM Stones she comes with. To nice a bike to leave rotting in the garage so someone is going to get a good deal.
    Uhhh, we need to talk if your C14 is looking for a good home....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    I have had my F6B for 3yrs now. Awesome ride , but kinda wanting a NEW bike. Went and looked at some new Harley's. Remind me now,, What would I be given up if I got a new Road Guild.
    Me too!
    Got the itch for a new bike, no H-D for me, I'll just wait until the rally and steal 53Driver's bike, his is setup perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Me too!
    Got the itch for a new bike, no H-D for me, I'll just wait until the rally and steal 53Driver's bike, his is setup perfectly.
    Thought you were "hung-up" on the new BMW 1600 Bagger!!!....If it ever comes out maybe we can ride over and look at it sometime..Regards and ride safe....

Me too!
    Uhhh, you're going to have to work through a few of my esteemed associates, namely Mr. Glock and Messieurs Smith & Wesson.
    They are VERY fond of Isleen and will protect her to the death.

But, I shall be happy to provide you with any and all info on my mods.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    How About and Indian Chieftain, I was real close to buying one vs the F6b, I went with my brain vs my heart. Love the Indians, had an 1987 Electroglide classic, so I got Harley out of my system. But the F6b is my last bike for me, so I went with the one that will last me for 300K.
    I was gonna suggest this myself. I put 100+ miles on a rental last fall, and wrote up a report on it here. I really liked it, but overall, the F6B is better in my opinion. Its close though. Each one does different things better. If you value reliability, handling and performance, its gonna be the Honda. Overall comfort and features, Indian.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Thought you were "hung-up" on the new BMW 1600 Bagger!!!....If it ever comes out maybe we can ride over and look at it sometime..Regards and ride safe....
    I hear it won't hit showrooms until September?? The dealer on Van Dyke says he has 4 deposits already.
    I still love my F6B.

I hear it won't hit showrooms until September?? The dealer on Van Dyke says he has 4 deposits already.
    I still love my F6B.
    I agree and it would take a really, really, terrific bike to sway me away from my F6B!!..Does everything I want and need and it is paid for...Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I test rode a new 2017 Road Glide a few weeks ago. It was much nicer than the older ones / more power / stereo etc...
    But way too much heat / money / repairs!!!

I then test rode the Yamaha FZ-09 and FJ-09. The Yamaha were awesome and fun!!!

I am thinking about getting a Yamaha to go with the F6B (I will never get rid of my F6B)
    I am seriously thinking about getting a FJR1300 or maybe a toy bike like the FJ-09 / FZ-10 / FZ-09
    I think that Yamaha is making the best bikes these days.
    Which Yamaha would you buy?

Steve
    I've owned the FZ-09. Super fun hooligan bike. I just couldn't justify keeping it, as it is not a good 2-up machine. It wasn't getting much use.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa