"chirping noise" What is it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "chirping noise" What is it?

Notchy is a good description for about 50% of the shifts, the other 50% are very smooth.
    I have tried shifting at different rpms and still feels the same about half the time both up and down shifts.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. I'm going to assume that the "chirping" sounds is just a normal Honda noise for the bike. My old Valkyrie makes all sorts of noises too but it runs like a champ. I believe that the shifting will become more smooth once I switch to a synthetic oil. I noticed a substantial difference once I switched to synthetic oil on the Valkyrie.

Hey Biglry

What kind oil you use? Do you shift quick or pause with clutch in? My 2016 is clunky but have been shifting below 3000 rpm. I changed oil at 1000 to amsoil 10/40. Got smoother but not the butter you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavalk View Post
    Hello, Question for the experience F6B owners. My 2015 F6B with 1200 miles, makes an unusual "chirping" sound during acceleration and while maintaining a constant speed. I don't rear it upon deceleration. Is this the "drone" noise everyone refers too. Anybody have a fix for this other than a good set of ear plugs?

Thanks

Wavalk AKA Brian
    If it sounds like the chirp that comes from basketball shoe heel toe action on an indoor ball court or gym floor I'm pretty sure it's coming from your audio system..

Question

I would check the exhaust mounting bolts and make sure they are tight. Also the windshield.

On the old Valk, sometimes a chirp sound would come from a push rod to the clutch. The rod would be removed, greased, reinstalled and all was well.

Might try putting a little tension on the clutch lever and see if it has any affect on the chirp.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    What kind oil you use? Do you shift quick or pause with clutch in? My 2016 is clunky but have been shifting below 3000 rpm. I changed oil at 1000 to amsoil 10/40. Got smoother but not the butter you have.
    Amsoil 10/40 changed every 8000 to 10,000 miles along with Amsoil 75w/90 in the rear diff after the first 25,000 miles.
    I shift fast & firm with a quick clutch at all RPM! I never pussy foot around when it comes to shifting(size 16 boot)

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

...after a good ride in the rain, my vest "extenders" will squeak.

Let us know what you find out!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce