F6B with Cruise Control?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B with Cruise Control?

Question F6B with Cruise Control?

Hello there,

I don't have an F6B, but I'm interested in getting one. I won't get one unless it has the factory cruise control. What model year did Honda add cruise control?

2015 and up = cruise.
    2013 + 2014 = no cruise.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I don't blame you. I saved $3,000 going with a 2013 Standard vs. a 2015 Deluxe. This means no cruise for me. Still not sure if that was the right decision, though it certainly meant getting access to a bike I may not have been able to afford without going for the '13.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I have found the factory cruise control to be well worth it to me. Good luck in your search.

Cruise control is okay for some that travel long times on the Super-slab...I had cruise on two of my previous bikes and never used it....I just change throttle speeds or take a break. As it comes on most larger touring/cruiser bikes these days it has almost become a "moot point"......JMHO

Cruise or Not

Thanks for the info. I suspect that if a smoking deal came along on a black 13, I just might have to forget about the cruise. I agree that any new bike that is advertised as a long distance touring machine is expected to have cruise control as standard equipment. I guess the same would be true for ABS. The Canadian and Euro versions of the F6B have ABS, not sure why they eliminated that on the US versions. I guess to keep the costs down. They are balancing costs with features.

I have it on my 15 and rarely use it. I like to be in control. I find it annoying to be honest. Yes, on long trips, it comes in handy for some relief. That's all I use it for. Same for my highway pegs...rarely used.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzertrider View Post
    Thanks for the info. I suspect that if a smoking deal came along on a black 13, I just might have to forget about the cruise. I agree that any new bike that is advertised as a long distance touring machine is expected to have cruise control as standard equipment. I guess the same would be true for ABS. The Canadian and Euro versions of the F6B have ABS, not sure why they eliminated that on the US versions. I guess to keep the costs down. They are balancing costs with features.
    I don't think that the F6B was ever advertised as a long distance tourer...Goldwing has that honor....Most articles I have seen/read refer to the F6B as a kind of mini-GW, lighter, more nimble, and a little faster for shorter rides and easier to handle around town etc...I know many take longer trips on the thing and Honda finally gave into the demands for Cruise control on later models, but for me I am just fine and see no need for it....Ride safe....ABS brakes are nice also, but Honda's linked-brake system works just fine on the F6B and stops my ride just right.....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I don't think that the F6B was ever advertised as a long distance tourer...Goldwing has that honor....Most articles I have seen/read refer to the F6B as a kind of mini-GW, lighter, more nimble, and a little faster for shorter rides and easier to handle around town etc...I know many take longer trips on the thing and Honda finally gave into the demands for Cruise control on later models, but for me I am just fine and see no need for it....Ride safe....ABS brakes are nice also, but Honda's linked-brake system works just fine on the F6B and stops my ride just right.....JMHO
    I beg to differ with those that think this is not a long distance bike.
    Have done some mighty long trips on mine of 2K miles and more.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I beg to differ with those that think this is not a long distance bike.
    Have done some mighty long trips on mine of 2K miles and more.
    Agreed. 5K mile out-west trip last year, and a 2.5K mile trip a few weeks ago. Certainly suits my needs for long-distance.

Key word in the previous post may have been "advertised" though.