F6B with Cruise Control?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B with Cruise Control?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question F6B with Cruise Control?

Hello there,

I don't have an F6B, but I'm interested in getting one. I won't get one unless it has the factory cruise control. What model year did Honda add cruise control?

2015 and up = cruise.
    2013 + 2014 = no cruise.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I don't blame you. I saved $3,000 going with a 2013 Standard vs. a 2015 Deluxe. This means no cruise for me. Still not sure if that was the right decision, though it certainly meant getting access to a bike I may not have been able to afford without going for the '13.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I have found the factory cruise control to be well worth it to me. Good luck in your search.

Cruise control is okay for some that travel long times on the Super-slab...I had cruise on two of my previous bikes and never used it....I just change throttle speeds or take a break. As it comes on most larger touring/cruiser bikes these days it has almost become a "moot point"......JMHO

Cruise or Not

Thanks for the info. I suspect that if a smoking deal came along on a black 13, I just might have to forget about the cruise. I agree that any new bike that is advertised as a long distance touring machine is expected to have cruise control as standard equipment. I guess the same would be true for ABS. The Canadian and Euro versions of the F6B have ABS, not sure why they eliminated that on the US versions. I guess to keep the costs down. They are balancing costs with features.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Cruise control is okay for some that travel long times on the Super-slab...I had cruise on two of my previous bikes and never used it....I just change throttle speeds or take a break. As it comes on most larger touring/cruiser bikes these days it has almost become a "moot point"......JMHO
    I put one of these on, works well. As nice as the cruise would be, I don't think I 'm willing (yet) to pay the difference it would take to upgrade from my 2013. I wish it had been available the first year.

Stoll413

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I don't blame you. I saved $3,000 going with a 2013 Standard vs. a 2015 Deluxe. This means no cruise for me. Still not sure if that was the right decision, though it certainly meant getting access to a bike I may not have been able to afford without going for the '13.
    With the $3000 you saved go ahead and get the --------. I have it on my 13 B and it Performs Very Very Well. It is also Mounted on the Left side which is an Advantage. Total cost for Product ans Install was about $1200. But worth every Penny.

My 2015 has cruise and I do like it. It's important for you to know that the Honda cruise is a little weird as compared to the Harley cruise control. Harley cruise is like your car's cruise control. Works perfectly. Very accurate. The Honda version searches, when I activate the cruise, the speed with drop 2-3 mph then begin to move toward the set speed. I had the dealer adjust it to where it is today. When I picked it up, it was off 5-6mph and even the dealer said it was poorly adjusted and made the bike hard to ride. If you don't have to have that feature, there are some amazing deals out there. Like you, I must have this feature because I do a lot of interstate highway riding. The B is the amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    My 2015 has cruise and I do like it. It's important for you to know that the Honda cruise is a little weird as compared to the Harley cruise control. Harley cruise is like your car's cruise control. Works perfectly. Very accurate. The Honda version searches, when I activate the cruise, the speed with drop 2-3 mph then begin to move toward the set speed. I had the dealer adjust it to where it is today. When I picked it up, it was off 5-6mph and even the dealer said it was poorly adjusted and made the bike hard to ride. If you don't have to have that feature, there are some amazing deals out there. Like you, I must have this feature because I do a lot of interstate highway riding. The B is the amazing.
    I am surprised that no one else has responded to this. I have read, though the cruise is often not adjusted properly from the factory, once properly adjusted, it works great.

I encourage you to do some more searching on this and get your cruise working the way it should.
    Albuquerque, NM