Repubs shot at baseball game - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repubs shot at baseball game

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Food for thought...

We are afraid to say "I'm a Republican" or "I'm a Democrat" because we are afraid it will impact friendships. It will change people's opinions about us.
    But at the same time, we strongly believe the other side is wrong on certain issues. Wrong enough to judge them secretively, openly or gossip behind their backs.
    As a result, we don't create bridges. We create dividers that get wedged between friends and family or even complete strangers. Instead of helping people to understand, there are assumptions, degrading comments and a knowledge that we are right and they are, well, just outright offensive and completely stupid.
    And that's why we are in the political mess we are in today. We did this.
    I don't care if you are a Republican, Democrat, or part of The Slow Red F6B Party. I care that you are a good person. And guess what?! Your daily actions tell me more about you than any political label.
    But labels are EVERYTHING in politics. Screw that!
    You had an abortion? I'm sure you had a good reason. You protest abortions? I'm sure you had a good reason. But we won't know until we ask and listen with an open heart.
    But you know what? We are more the same than not. We want to be happy, healthy and loved. We help others. We put our loved ones first. We work hard. We have a big heart for animals, kids, or a cause. <--- that's what matters.
    Forget labels. Don't be a Republican or a Democrat. Be a HUMAN BEING who has loved, who has struggled, and who wants the world to be a better place.
    We need to change our own dialogue. Me included!
    So the next time when someone says something you disagree will you try "Tell me more" instead of telling them why they are wrong or casting judgment on them?
    Just one mans opinion!

This is what we are facing:Antifa Website Promotes ‘All Manner of Physical Violence’ Against Trump Supporters and Capitalists
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/anti...d-capitalists/
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

rudymsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Food for thought...

We are afraid to say "I'm a Republican" or "I'm a Democrat" because we are afraid it will impact friendships. It will change people's opinions about us.
    But at the same time, we strongly believe the other side is wrong on certain issues. Wrong enough to judge them secretively, openly or gossip behind their backs.
    As a result, we don't create bridges. We create dividers that get wedged between friends and family or even complete strangers. Instead of helping people to understand, there are assumptions, degrading comments and a knowledge that we are right and they are, well, just outright offensive and completely stupid.
    And that's why we are in the political mess we are in today. We did this.
    I don't care if you are a Republican, Democrat, or part of The Slow Red F6B Party. I care that you are a good person. And guess what?! Your daily actions tell me more about you than any political label.
    But labels are EVERYTHING in politics. Screw that!
    You had an abortion? I'm sure you had a good reason. You protest abortions? I'm sure you had a good reason. But we won't know until we ask and listen with an open heart.
    But you know what? We are more the same than not. We want to be happy, healthy and loved. We help others. We put our loved ones first. We work hard. We have a big heart for animals, kids, or a cause. <--- that's what matters.
    Forget labels. Don't be a Republican or a Democrat. Be a HUMAN BEING who has loved, who has struggled, and who wants the world to be a better place.
    We need to change our own dialogue. Me included!
    So the next time when someone says something you disagree will you try "Tell me more" instead of telling them why they are wrong or casting judgment on them?
    Just one mans opinion!