I don't want to ride to work anymore

Thread: I don't want to ride to work anymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes yes YES

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    So much good advice in this thread, it turned out better than I expected. Thanks, everyone.

Just to clarify, the "tiredness" I referred to in the morning is not due to eyes open at 5am or the two mile walk...just groggy from probably not going to bed at a time that corresponds with the alarm clock going off the next morning.

It is more emotional fatigue in the afternoon. All the cars coming at me (not much traffic with me)...I can't maintain the level of focus I feel is necessary to be a safe rider.

Steve pointed out something that I am betting is true...my analytical nature is interfering with the pure enjoyment of motorcycling. Being an analytical pays dividends at work, but often is a hinderance when it comes to anything emotional.

I took an 85 mile ride tonight. I actually felt myself leaning back and enjoying the breeze for the first time in a long time this evening. What led to that? No rush, no heavy traffic coming at me or with me, great scenery, lots of cruising, less stopping and shifting.

What a relief it was to feel good on a bike again.

I will probably continue to commute on the bike - on a part time basis - perhaps once or twice per week when I am in one building for the day, feel good in the morning, and can sneak out a few minutes early to enjoy a different route home.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

If I drive to work it takes 20 min. If I take bike... 20 min. But coming home, it typically takes about 90 min. cuz I tend to take the long way via back roads. Commuting by motorcycle blows! cheers:

Little Commuting on Bike

When I ride my motorcycles, I want to get out on the road as far away as I can from cars, traffic lights, people texting on their phones etc. On Saturday mornings I always leave early and when I get out on the road there is often no one in front of me or behind me. That is the way I like to ride. I commute to work sometimes, but it is actually not much fun. I can get to work in about 15 minutes which is not nearly enough bike time and I have to watch out for all the morning commuters in a hurry to run me over. For the most part, commuting on my bike is stressful and that is not why I ride.