"chirping noise" What is it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "chirping noise" What is it?

"chirping noise" What is it?

Hello, Question for the experience F6B owners. My 2015 F6B with 1200 miles, makes an unusual "chirping" sound during acceleration and while maintaining a constant speed. I don't rear it upon deceleration. Is this the "drone" noise everyone refers too. Anybody have a fix for this other than a good set of ear plugs?

Thanks

Wavalk AKA Brian

No idea on the chirping, but drone is the annoying hum from the exhaust during steady cruise. Drone is very tolerable with stock exhaust, awful with aftermarket exhaust. What do you have for an exhaust?

Mike

The pipes are stock. I noticed on the forum that "Seadog" posted that he was having the same issue. I sent him a message inquiring if he found a fix. Hopefully I'll here back from him soon. I did install a belly pan on the bike. I'm wondering if i"m getting some kind of harmonic vibration from it. I may take it off and see if the noise goes away. Other than this noise and the somewhat clunky gears, I love the performance of this bike.

Sounds like a Goldwing to me. The chirping sounds may be the brakes till they let go and the clunking is normal, putting into gear for the first time when it's cold and high RPS. Most of this will get better after some miles on the bike. Enjoy!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I've heard some describe the shifting on their bikes as "clunky" but I swear mine shifts like butter. Subjective or is there a real difference?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I've heard some describe the shifting on their bikes as "clunky" but I swear mine shifts like butter. Subjective or is there a real difference?
    I'd wager subjective... especially if your comparing F6B shifting to another past owned bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Might be a bird???Open your bags and check for this guy.....then set him free!!! Or just turn up the tunes and ride on

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Might be a bird???Open your bags and check for this guy.....then set him free!!! Or just turn up the tunes and ride on
    WHAT???? I DON"T HEAR ANY CHIRPING NOISE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    +1
    My scoot shifts so smooth I wounder sometimes if it is really an automatic trans and I'm just going through the motions of changing gears to feel good.
    As far as any "Chirping" nope....none...natha out of my F6B, just what I'd conceder normal sounds only.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'd wager subjective... especially if your comparing F6B shifting to another past owned bike.
    Maybe, but I've ridden a lot of bikes, and I stand by my description. The only place I could even begin to use the word "clunky" would be after first starting the bike and the RPMs are still high due to the engine being cold and I shift into 1st gear. But that's the only time and if the bike warms up a bit, that isn't even there.