Who's really at fault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's really at fault

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who's really at fault

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...430061183.html

Saw this online today and everyone is blaming to motorcyclist.
    Mainly because he didn't stop, so we don't know his side.
    I think it's a natural defense when someone encroaches like that.

What you all think.

Looks like the truck high sided after the initial sedan collision....

It's the biker's fault... he escalated the situation by kicking the sedan.

Looks like a F6B too...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yeah, I don't think this is the bikers fault. The biker was an idiot for kicking the sedan but it looks to me like the accident occurred as a result of the sedan driver's retaliation to the biker. It looks like the sedan driver tried to take out the biker.

If you flip someone off and then they shoot you, is it your fault because you flipped them off? Not quite an eye-for-an-eye in either case.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I'm surprised he could even keep the bike up. Car hit him and he hit the wall. Drove around debris and took off.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Yeah, I don't think this is the bikers fault. The biker was an idiot for kicking the sedan but it looks to me like the accident occurred as a result of the sedan driver's retaliation to the biker. It looks like the sedan driver tried to take out the biker.

If you flip someone off and then they shoot you, is it your fault because you flipped them off? Not quite an eye-for-an-eye in either case.
    As much as I would want to absolve the biker; since he's one of us... I can't

He initiated physical vehicle contact. And we all know that a motorcycle is not going to win a confrontation with a car. Except in this rare instance, the biker came out on top,

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Just saw this on the news. The Biker was being stupid macho. I keep saying that we always lose on a confrontation. In this case, the biker's skills saved him, but still stupid.

The car is clearly the most wrong. Also, the car driver apparently does not have the same driving skills that the bike has. I have to admit I feel a bit satisfied that the car hit the center divider. Not so happy it involved yet another vehicle.

The bike shouldn't have left the scene, but I'm not too surprised it did in this situation.

This would not happen to me. Kicking at a car is not instinct. It's stupid macho. Braking quickly and letting the car "miss", should be one's reaction.
    Albuquerque, NM

One thing I missed the first time I watched the video. The cager was illegally in the car pool lane (minimum $481 fine). Only one person in the car. That makes at least 4 violations.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Looks like the truck high sided after the initial sedan collision....

It's the biker's fault... he escalated the situation by kicking the sedan.

Looks like a F6B too...
    Doesn't look like it to me, looks like a H-D. At first glance it did maybe, but the bottom most section of the tail is the same color as the rest of the bike which to me looked like orange, but just as easily could've been red. Until I got to the end of another news video covering this story and the bike was described as "burnt orange"

Too bad they didn't record/show the entire incident.

Sounds like the sedan tried to hit the rider while lane changing out of the car-pool lane. Would be interesting to see if the driver exited the car-pool lane across the double yellow lines as well. That would put the driver at fault twice (illegal lane change and not making a safe lane change). The driver also used his cage as a assault weapon (which is a 3rd charge).

Surprised the rider kept the bike upright and avoided all of the flying debris.

The rider should get a leaving the scene of an accident ticket, but the driver of the car should be charged with attempted manslaughter and careless driving.