2013 F6B Exhaust Rot?

Thread: 2013 F6B Exhaust Rot?

2013 F6B Exhaust Rot?

Bought my F6B when they first came out in 2013. I've got about 26k miles on it now, and I've got a rot hole in my left-side exhaust pipe. Talked to my local dealer about it, who told me he contacted his Honda Rep. I just got word from him yesterday that apparently Honda thinks this is "cosmetic" and not a defect, and will not cover under the extended warranty I bought. Anyone else have similar issues? I took a pic but cant seem to get it to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by UTurn View Post
    Bought my F6B when they first came out in 2013. I've got about 26k miles on it now, and I've got a rot hole in my left-side exhaust pipe. Talked to my local dealer about it, who told me he contacted his Honda Rep. I just got word from him yesterday that apparently Honda thinks this is "cosmetic" and not a defect, and will not cover under the extended warranty I bought. Anyone else have similar issues? I took a pic but cant seem to get it to upload.

Cosmetic?? That's a terrible reply, Honda seems to be failing with customer support. ...And sound like a lousy chrome job too.
    On the other hand, do your roads get salted? Do you keep your bike clean? Store it in a humid environment?
    Don't worry about uploading PICs, they're going to have this fixed over the weekend.

I put Cobra pipes on my F6B when I bought it in late September of 2013 and took off the stock pipes. But, after I put the Cobra's on I noticed a small bit of rust forming around the clamps where the mufflers connect to the stock header pipes..Was advised to drill a small hole, using a 3/16" bit, underneath the pipe where the fitting was...Did so and no issues since....As said earlier, are you riding on salted roads, storing bike in damp/humid conditions, not getting pipes hot enough,(short rides only), not keeping them clean,etc.?? All these issues might cause this problem as I have not seen/heard of it before your post....Honda's response is terrible and I would keep on their case until you resolve this issue...Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Cosmetic?? That's a terrible reply, Honda seems to be failing with customer support. ...And sound like a lousy chrome job too.
    On the other hand, do your roads get salted? Do you keep your bike clean? Store it in a humid environment?
    Don't worry about uploading PICs, they're going to have this fixed over the weekend.
    Thanks for the chuckle at the end...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Thanks for the chuckle at the end...
    Shoot, I thought he knew something I didn't.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce