bracket covers

Thread: bracket covers

bracket covers

Hey guys. I was trying to find out if anybody knows if I really need those little pre-drilled covers that go on top of the brackets that support the original passenger backrest. Someone told me that if I don't use the covers that the brackets will be exposed and visible, but looking at the pictures it doesn't look like they are exposed. I saw on the brackets mounting instructions that they ask to drill holes on your existing covers. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

I just drilled the blank inserts on mine. Same difference.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Hey guys. I was trying to find out if anybody knows if I really need those little pre-drilled covers that go on top of the brackets that support the original passenger backrest. Someone told me that if I don't use the covers that the brackets will be exposed and visible, but looking at the pictures it doesn't look like they are exposed. I saw on the brackets mounting instructions that they ask to drill holes on your existing covers. Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Drill the blanks it's real easy to do.

I drilled the original covers. Use one of those "stepped" drill bits to get a nice smooth hole. I only use the mounts for my Tour Pack to do long trips. The rest of the time the mounts are empty. They don't look too bad, but I am looking for an acorn head bolt or such, to fill the hole when the tour pack isn't installed.