Klim Gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klim Gear

Klim Gear

I just wanted to share my search for the best motorcycle gear (obviously I am insane when it comes to gear, safety and comfort)
    I have moved to Klim!!! Klim is expensive but it is the best available!!!

Heat
    I just upgraded my summer heat gear.

Klim Induction jacket -840 cordura with balistic mesh (750 times stronger than regular mesh) with D30 armor.
    Klim Mojave in the boot mesh pants (I added the D30 pro armor knees and hips)
    Dainese leather perforated goat skin gloves.
    Wiley-X sunglasses with foam

I wanted gear that not only keeps me cool but protects almost as good as leather in a accident.
    The Induction jacket is the most comfortable jacket I own and I have way to many for a normal person.
    I have 3 leather jackets - (Dainese, Alpine stars, and Scorpion) 3 mesh jackets - (Dainese, Klim, and Scorpion) along with my second most comfortable all season Klim Overland jacket.

Now I just need to force myself to wear my Scorpion 3/4 helmet full clear shield or my Schuberth C3 modular every time I ride.

All season
    Klim Goretex Overland jacket with Tourmaster heated liner (plugs into bike) as needed / why be cold ever!!!
    Klim Goretex Lattitude pants (I added a few extra snaps in leg opening to close tighter to ankle)
    Klim Goretex Gloves

This combination is good from below 30 - 100+ degrees in rain or shine.
    The jacket and pants have vents that flow an amazing amount of air.
    With the heated liner I am ready for cold / remove the liner and open the vents as needed.
    Switch to all mesh if it gets too hot.
    All this will fit in the saddle bags or will be worn when riding.

I ride to work almost every day year round in St Louis, MO so I need two sets of gear for most days. It is cold at 5:00am on the way to work and hot on the way home from work.

Steve

Hi Stevenolts

Thanks for sharing those choices. I am a bit crazed with gear as well...five jackets, two over pants, Kevlar lined jeans, four helmets from shortie to modular both black and hiviz... But I justify it because I have two bikes! 😃😃

I'll be looking at your Klim choices for updating my riding gear... Jeez I am crazed!

WEG

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Hi Stevenolts

Thanks for sharing those choices. I am a bit crazed with gear as well...five jackets, two over pants, Kevlar lined jeans, four helmets from shortie to modular both black and hiviz... But I justify it because I have two bikes! 😃😃

I'll be looking at your Klim choices for updating my riding gear... Jeez I am crazed!

WEG
    Sometimes we start to look like the ladies and their shoes and dresses.
    But you have to admit the ladies sure look better in their stuff than we do.

The KLIM Induction jacket looks interesting, but no one around here is stocking many choices in riding jackets.

Olympia has changed it's (wind/rain) liner design so it can either be worn inside the mesh jackets or outside of the mesh jackets. It doesn't make sense to have your rain/wind protection inside the jacket, but most companies tend to do it that way. I would rather have a rain shell (on the outside), jacket and my choice of under layers to rotate in and out as the environment dictates.

The 2017 KLIM Induction has dropped in price by $50 and they have dropped their liner so you can choose your own.

Thanks for sharing Steve. I've been looking at Klim gear for a while, in particular the Badlands jacket (crazy expensive). Just haven't taken the leap yet...

I've gone with the Scott Distinct 1 Gore-tex jacket & pant. Ridden with them at freezing, & at 95*F, all within a week. Wonderful gear.

C

AEROSTICH

Just one word...AEROSTICH! Expensive yes but one suit is good for all temps and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Just one word...AEROSTICH! Expensive yes but one suit is good for all temps and conditions.
    Generally agreed--I love my Roadcrafter 3--but above about 80 degrees it just gets swampy inside... even with the Hand Wings I just don't get enough airflow into the suit to keep me reasonably cool. Above 100 degrees it's plain torture. I even had to take it off in the Sierra foothills when the temps hit 106. I thought I was gonna stroke out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
    Thanks for sharing Steve. I've been looking at Klim gear for a while, in particular the Badlands jacket (crazy expensive). Just haven't taken the leap yet...
    You won't regret with the Badlands jacket! This is my favourite one to wear for the last 3 months

JB