Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
When I bought my '13 in Oct 2015, a friend drove me out to the dealer to pick it up. He bought a helmet for his ATV at the same time. The owner said he made more on the helmet than he did on the F6B. Not sure if I believe that, because they can spin dealer incentives and discounts a million different ways, but still was funny.

He was so happy to unload one of the three '13s he had left in crates that he gave me a 12V receptacle and heated grips at cost and installed them for free.
It's funny and I have retold this story several times. When I bought my F6B it was in July of 2014. I knew about the incentives on the 13s and had been dealing with one place on a new 13. The dealer just down the street from me had only been opened for a year or so. I gave him a call and told him the price I had been looking at. At the time, he was still waiting on a 2014 F6B that had not been delivered and would have been his first one. He told me he didn't have any F6Bs yet let alone a 13 , but he said he'd call me back and look into it. He called me back in 30 minutes telling me he could have me a new 13 by the next day and he could beat the price I was given by $300. He told me straight up that he was making about $300 on the deal after the incentives from Honda. He went on to sell one after the other and cancelled the one he had been waiting on. I lost count of how many he has sold , but he has sold many, and finally had to start looking for later model F6Bs than the 13s because he couldn't find the 13s anymore. I was his first sell though and did quite a bit of advertising for them.