Best Seat for Shorter Riders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Seat for Shorter Riders

Best Seat for Shorter Riders

I sat on the stock seat and it didn't feel all that comfortable to me. I am 5'8", 165 pounds with 29 " seam. I like to ride with feet on the pegs and lean on a backrest. Which seat would you recommend? I am concerned that r placing the seat would result in pushing me too far back for the bars.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Im 5"4' and purchased the Corbin with backrests. It lowers it 1/2 to 3/4" I also use boots with 2" heels. Feet are flat on the ground with room to spare

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Im 5"4' and purchased the Corbin with backrests. It lowers it 1/2 to 3/4" I also use boots with 2" heels. Feet are flat on the ground with room to spare
    If you need a second opinion , I saw David sitting on his bike , flat footed. That Corbin is low.

I am 5'9" and about 195lbs. Put 1/2" heels and soles on my boots, bought the lower Mustang seat and all is good!!!....Never sat on a Corbin, some they are too hard, others don't like the looks, I cannot answer any questions about them....Mustang works for me. May change later, see above response to your initial question....Ride safe....

Quote Originally Posted by Danaman View Post
    I sat on the stock seat and it didn't feel all that comfortable to me. I am 5'8", 165 pounds with 29 " seam. I like to ride with feet on the pegs and lean on a backrest. Which seat would you recommend? I am concerned that r placing the seat would result in pushing me too far back for the bars.
    An option that currently gets good feed-back is having your stock seat re-done by Mean City Cycles in NC..I would have done my stock seat with them but they were not doing F6B seats at the time...They can move you lower, forward, backward, harder, softer, what ever your dimensions dictate..Great folks to deal with...Their info is on the Web and you can save a bundle of cash...Still may have them do my seat and sell the Mustang....

My wife is 5ft 6 we had the one inch lowering kit installed at the dealer , she was able to ride home from Southermn Powersports , we are leaving Saturday to have the seat modded at Mean city cycles in north carolina
    Battoo

Thanks for all the quick replies, what about my concern about reaching the bars comfortably when you change the seat.

shooter
    I can tell you that the Corbin that David K has pushes you forward. Don't know if they are all like that but his is.

Quote Originally Posted by Danaman View Post
    I've been trying to figure the seat out also. I'm 5'8" with a 28" inseam but I weigh considerably more than you and the stock seat is perfect for me as far as height, reach to the grips, and knee bend. So I don't want a replacement seat to move me up, down, forward, or backwards and I don't care for a backrest. I just need more "cush for the tush" to eliminate the butt burn. The Air Hawk helps but isn't the final answer. I've been thinking of either an Ultimate or Russell, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.