Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!

new wing

Uh,19995.00 for that bagger my bad

I like the way you think

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    The real smart people are the ones that wait 3 years to let the new bike prove itself and then buy a 3 year old leftover for half the price.

But isn't it more fun to watch the weather man on TV then to stick your head outside?
    I bought my 2014 in 2016 with the discounts and the quieter pipes. Used the savings to buy the centrestand, larger screen, backrest, power outlet ......
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    I bought my 2014 in 2016 with the discounts and the quieter pipes. Used the savings to buy the centrestand, larger screen, backrest, power outlet ......
    When I bought my '13 in Oct 2015, a friend drove me out to the dealer to pick it up. He bought a helmet for his ATV at the same time. The owner said he made more on the helmet than he did on the F6B. Not sure if I believe that, because they can spin dealer incentives and discounts a million different ways, but still was funny.

He was so happy to unload one of the three '13s he had left in crates that he gave me a 12V receptacle and heated grips at cost and installed them for free.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    When I bought my '13 in Oct 2015, a friend drove me out to the dealer to pick it up. He bought a helmet for his ATV at the same time. The owner said he made more on the helmet than he did on the F6B. Not sure if I believe that, because they can spin dealer incentives and discounts a million different ways, but still was funny.

He was so happy to unload one of the three '13s he had left in crates that he gave me a 12V receptacle and heated grips at cost and installed them for free.
    It's funny and I have retold this story several times. When I bought my F6B it was in July of 2014. I knew about the incentives on the 13s and had been dealing with one place on a new 13. The dealer just down the street from me had only been opened for a year or so. I gave him a call and told him the price I had been looking at. At the time, he was still waiting on a 2014 F6B that had not been delivered and would have been his first one. He told me he didn't have any F6Bs yet let alone a 13 , but he said he'd call me back and look into it. He called me back in 30 minutes telling me he could have me a new 13 by the next day and he could beat the price I was given by $300. He told me straight up that he was making about $300 on the deal after the incentives from Honda. He went on to sell one after the other and cancelled the one he had been waiting on. I lost count of how many he has sold , but he has sold many, and finally had to start looking for later model F6Bs than the 13s because he couldn't find the 13s anymore. I was his first sell though and did quite a bit of advertising for them.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    It's funny and I have retold this story several times. When I bought my F6B it was in July of 2014. I knew about the incentives on the 13s and had been dealing with one place on a new 13. The dealer just down the street from me had only been opened for a year or so. I gave him a call and told him the price I had been looking at. At the time, he was still waiting on a 2014 F6B that had not been delivered and would have been his first one. He told me he didn't have any F6Bs yet let alone a 13 , but he said he'd call me back and look into it. He called me back in 30 minutes telling me he could have me a new 13 by the next day and he could beat the price I was given by $300. He told me straight up that he was making about $300 on the deal after the incentives from Honda. He went on to sell one after the other and cancelled the one he had been waiting on. I lost count of how many he has sold , but he has sold many, and finally had to start looking for later model F6Bs than the 13s because he couldn't find the 13s anymore. I was his first sell though and did quite a bit of advertising for them.
    Love stories like this. Sometimes you find the right give / take; supply / demand; need/ want; reasonable offers being made and extended at both ends of the dealer / customer relationship to make it a neat experience.

The dealer I bought from came in at $3,000 below the next two dealers. They wouldn't even discuss a deal with me, considering the gap in prices between sellers. Oh well, keep your '13s and see if you can get $17-18000 for them. Good luck.

I was dealing with a Victory dealer on a CC Tour who was practically begging me to take the leftover '14 he had. Rebates, discounts, extended warranties, pipes, $1k worth of accessories, retail on a bike and sled trade in, everything but the kitchen sink. Probably would've given me that, too, and his wife for the night if I asked.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I wonder what the new engine will be, I do like the idea of a 6 speed transmission .

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    Man we all waiting.Just on bmw site that new bagger is sweet,making 50 more hp ..I do believe honda has something in the works.Bmw msrp 1995.00 for that bike,lack of dealer big concern.We all know honda always late to party even with cars,turbo good ex.just out last year except accord coming.So we can only hope and then what will we do? Get are ass kicked in trade or sell the f6b ?
    If one of the Japanese bike companies had a bagger that rivaled the power of that Beemer.....I would be waiting in line. I know, it's a pipe dream due to the lack of available flatworms to go off of. But I can dream!
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    If one of the Japanese bike companies had a bagger that rivaled the power of that Beemer.....I would be waiting in line. I know, it's a pipe dream due to the lack of available flatworms to go off of. But I can dream!
    Your right about the BMW and its power and handling...My riding buddy easily blows me away on his R1200RT and the other day a woman on a BMW1600GT pulled up along side and by the time I hit 3rd gear she was 50ft in front of me and pulling away!!...Those things are fast, but expensive to maintain and do routine maintenance .......Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I wonder what the new engine will be, I do like the idea of a 6 speed transmission .
    I think the 6 speed is the way to go, always looking for that gear

Read this elsewhere ... As someone else suggested: Maybe Honda wants to leak info early to keep some from jumping ship. I am really looking forward to this, but 99% chance I am keeping my bike.

"The local Honda dealer was called to a dealers meeting for an update. Part of that update was that there would be a major update to the Wing for 2018. Unfortunately, that was all that was said so nothing official about what that update will be."
    Albuquerque, NM