Motorcycle Lift
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Lift

Motorcycle Lift

Harbor Freight has their 1000lb lift for $290 during their parking lot sale, Jun 9, 10, & 11.

Just passing the word......
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Did you get one???????

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Did you get one???????
    Think we have to wait till June Teach.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Did you get one???????
    Not yet....

I was going to pull the trigger on one last week but held off. Thanks for the info. Good long time friend has had one for many years. If he takes the bar out of it, it will slowly drop over a few days but otherwise has been rock solid. If you go to their website, you might find two different skew numbers. I did. I called 2 different stores here in town and they both had one of each number. I've been told that there is a "newer" designed model but I cannot verify that until I go inspect each one. It might have something to do with the pump fill hole, not sure. Some reviews on HF have stated that the pump came without oil, some gave it 5 stars, others 1 star. Must be what day it's made in China. Apparently, if you get the lift all the way up and put the bar in place, it ain't going anywhere. I'll be getting one in June. Thanks 53.

The Craftsman 1500 lb can be got at Amazon. I have the cheaper red one and it is great. I would guess the yellow one is even better. https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Pro.../dp/B018A2Y2YO

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    The Craftsman 1500 lb can be got at Amazon. I have the cheaper red one and it is great. I would guess the yellow one is even better. https://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Pro.../dp/B018A2Y2YO
    Have the "red" one, but not the Craftsman variant.
    These are motorcycle jacks, though.

The HF one is a full on, full size motorcycle lift.
    And it's red....lol.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Just wondering if I will ever need a motorcycle jack for this F6B. Have not so far, using the center stand it is easy enough to change the front tire and the back also if done at the same time as front. I do use a single piston/shaft automotive type jack for tilting the bike down in front enough to get the rear tire out. Other wise it is on its side for rear wheel removal. The motorcycle lift is certainly needed for both the other bikes without center stands.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Just wondering if I will ever need a motorcycle jack for this F6B. Have not so far, using the center stand it is easy enough to change the front tire and the back also if done at the same time as front. I do use a single piston/shaft automotive type jack for tilting the bike down in front enough to get the rear tire out. Other wise it is on its side for rear wheel removal. The motorcycle lift is certainly needed for both the other bikes without center stands.
    For me a lift is almost a must if I do anything down low, just so I can set without bending over or laying on the cold hard concrete.
    Here is pic of my F6B on the red Harbor Freight lift when installing the Jekill & Hyde exhaust.
    The only change I made to the lift is the front tire holder, it is junk. I put an adjustable Bike Pro front wheel chock on to hold the bike so I don't need to put the center stand down if I don't want to.

Here is pic of my shop helper "Drunk Monkey" setting on one of my Xs on the lift.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Looks like there are 2 different 1,000lbs lifts. One looks longer (101" vs 113") than the other, raises up a couple more inches than the other (29.5" vs 32.7"), weighs a few more pounds (269lbs versus 272lbs) and has smaller casters (3 5/8" versus 2.92").