Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
Have covered that route many times and I have to agree it's both scenic and a pleasure to ride. Use to visit a friend who owned the "Ox Yoke Inn/Motel in the Village of Gaines just west of the Grand Canyon of the East on Route 6. During the "Gas Fraking Craze" of a few years back the constant "heavy water tanker trucks" ruined many miles of Route 6. Today, with all the Pa. Gas Tax Money the road is beginning to return to its "greatness"
Bob you wouldn't believe the roads out there now. They must have used a lot of the tax revenue to repave them. As I said most of it was like brand new highway.
The fraking industry must have moved on. I didn't see even one of their trucks the whole ride out or back. The truth be told I didn't see a whole lot of any kind of traffic the entire ride except for the never ending Mt. Cobb construction area. How long have they been working on that little 8 mile stretch of road? It has to be one of those time and material jobs.
I had to look really hard to even notice the well heads that have been hidden by well planned landscaping. The only one I did noticed was from one of the overlooks that looked down onto a farm far below. I could see a well groomed area in the middle of a pasture with the well heads sticking up. From the looks of that picture perfect farm that farmer must have done quite well. Pun intended.

I'll definitely be doing that ride again in August, going out to see the Elks. Then again I might even be prodded to do it even sooner weather permitting.