Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
There's already a dozens or so threads on "the dark side." You might want to check them out. It's going to depend who answers you question. Dark siders will tell you it's wonderful, those that use motorcycle tires will tell you it's dangerous. The only advantage I see to using a car tire on a motorcycle is tire mileage. You'll get about 3X the tire mileage, 45-60K miles, I guess. I get 16-18k on AVONs. I won't do it for safety reasons. I've followed 2 dark siders, when cornering the tire rides up on the narrow outside edge. Watching them, it looks to me like a little sand or whatever & you're a goner. I don't think dealerships will put a car tire on a motorcycle, I don't know of any MC shops, in my area, that will either, for legal reasons. I've "heard" that insurance co.'s have refused to pay for damage if you run a car tire. Check out all the other threads on treads.
Sorry but most of what you have heard is

I had my local Honda dealership install two for me:
As far as legal reasons: there are none
Insurance companies, or at least mine has no concerns

True you will run into many opinions and some folks who still use the missionary position and refuse to try anything new.

For me, I prefer the runflats, I prefer snow tires( far better traction than any tire out there now)

I have offered my bike to anyone who wanted to try out the DS at the last rally held in Franklin and no one had the desire. IMHO if no one told you there was a CT on the back you may not even notice.
I have a note to order another snow tire on my December calendar. Dunlop snow tire... perfect!
P.S. there are many opinions and positions other than the same ole thang.