Calling all owners of Innov K1 dashcam systems ...

Thread: Calling all owners of Innov K1 dashcam systems ...

Circle-5

Calling all owners of Innov K1 dashcam systems ...

From reading old posts, I know that several forum members have purchased and installed the Innovv K1 dual-camera dash-cam system.

I installed my K1 (leaving out the GPS) in October, 2016. In all these months, the DVR has repeatedly crashed every few days, always in the middle of a trip, seemingly without reason. Am I the only one this is happening to? I have tried to isolate the origin of this bug with Helen Chen at Innovv since it first happened: I removed one camera, then the other (to reduce the data flow), lowered the resolution, switched camera ports, tried three different ultra-fast Micro-SD cards, installed ferrite chokes on all the cables, re-installed the firmware, installed the latest Innovv cable clip, and on and on and on. Nothing works.

In my opinion, the problem comes from the DVR itself, or its firmware. Innovv appears to be a very small company (2 people?) in China. I suspect they are reluctant to swap the DVR for a new one because they've always known there is a problem (but won't admit it).

Now they're grasping at straws. They claim the power supply in my F6B is unstable (it's a friggin battery!) and want me to purchase a "Power Socket" device to regulate the voltage. Except this device does not regulate the voltage! All it does is delay the on/off switching of the accessories connected to it by 10-12 seconds, to avoid any potential power spikes or voltage fluctuations from the starter motor or solenoid.

My K1 system is still under warranty. Before I get more insistant with Innovv, I just want to make sure I'm not trying to correct something that can never be fixed. Please share your Innovv K1 experiences (good or bad) on this thread.

The K1 is still (theoretically) the best motorcycle dashcam on the market: it has all the features I want, the video quality is excellent, the image-stabilization software is remarkable, etc. But I would trade all of this for something that is 95-100% reliable. After all, that is what anyone should expect from a security device.

I have had it for months now with no issue, it has worked consistently without any problem as I pull the micro SD periodically to check video of both cams.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

The folks at this website are really into dashcams, maybe worth joining and posting your problem there.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

Circle-5
    Thank you taxfree4. At least I know there is hope and that I should continue trying to fix this recurring problem. May I ask if your K1 voltage converter (power supply) is connected directly to the battery, or did you add a regulator or delay device?

Thank you MisterB. Great dashcam forum indeed! A massive source of well-organized information!

The unit runs to the PC8 Fuse Block from Eastern Beaver that I installed under the seat on the "switched" posts.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html
    Equitare solum equitare amplius