Madstad report

Thread: Madstad report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No it still pivots but now the pivot point is at the top of the bracket rather than the bottom. It is still too high so will see what I can do to lower some more. I would hate to have to return it for a shorter one. Another problem is the dark tint is more difficult to look thru over My other much lighter shields. Thinking light grey might be more desirable.

I gave up on the 17 inch in dark grey. Too tall and difficult to see through. At the lowest setting it looked to be about 3 inches too tall for me to look over and I'm 6'2". Did not like the dark grey either. Just installed a 13 inch in clear with the brackets in the suggested mounting. As expected the 4 inch shorter shield now looks like it needs to be raised about one inch with the slot adjustment. Can go more if I raise my seat later. Additionally the clear is much better in allowing me to see the road etc. I have it angled back at the top the max amount. I might try inverting the brackets again which allows more angle putting the top of shield closer to my head. I will try this one out "as is" for a while, it is already better than the CW I just took off.