I had a Clockworks shield that measured 15 1/2 inch from the front rubber to the top of shield and it was not getting the job done. I'm 6' 2" and expect to have a seat made to raise me a bit so I ordered the 17 inch Madstad. Got it installed and it measured about 18" from the top of the rubber at bottom of shield and was taller than I like and that was at the lowest setting. I decided to flip and swap the mounting brackets because of the offset it looked like that should lower the shield, it did. Now the adjustments knobs are at the bottom rather than the top and it measures about 16 1/2 inches in its lowest setting. This will work for now at only a tad high so I have room to raise the seat in the future and raise the shield even more if needed. Also flipping the brackets allows more backwards tilt. I will have to say this two piece shield is very effective at stopping the wind turbulence I was experiencing with the Clockworks. I got this one in dark grey and it looks good in the sun but might be a little dark at night. The medium grey might be a better choice. My advice is don't get the 17 inch unless you are taller than 6'3".