Weather strikes again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    It's the rainy season here in FLA...and not soon enough, we have been so dry the fires are crazy! We have a thunderstorm and a lighting bolt starts a fire. We need a hurricane to get caught back up with the rain we need!

I ride at night during this time of year, so I leave about 8-9 pm and ride for a 100 miles or so. At least I'm not wet from sweat!!!
    This is our dry(er) season and it rains every day, and I do mean every day. It's following my work schedule too, that's the aggravating part. I work today until noon, showers coming in around 11. Been that kind of riding season so far.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Rain will go away if...

....you should emulate the Honey badger. Honey Badger don't care

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Not to worry, Wayne, our local forecaster said this morning the weather pattern is going to change by the end of this week and get back into a more west to east summer like pattern. Over the years the 7 weeks of rain, caused by the upper level north by northwest air flow, has become our normal spring weather pattern. It's almost over.

Look at the bright side, you only have a few more years until retirement then you'll be able to ride on all of the sunny days and save up gas money on all the rainy days. Your only problem will be sore cheeks from smiling!
    Happier days are coming!!

It does look good for Laconia week

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Not to worry, Wayne, our local forecaster said this morning the weather pattern is going to change by the end of this week and get back into a more west to east summer like pattern. Over the years the 7 weeks of rain, caused by the upper level north by northwest air flow, has become our normal spring weather pattern. It's almost over.

Look at the bright side, you only have a few more years until retirement then you'll be able to ride on all of the sunny days and save up gas money on all the rainy days. Your only problem will be sore cheeks from smiling!
    Happier days are coming!!

It does look good for Laconia week
    Hope your forecasters are better than mine! Still puddles in the lot from last night. Very depressing. I need an alternate hobby.

Good luck with that.... I joined a golfl league that plays every Thursday nite,,,,,, Its rained 6 times in the last 8 weeks

You could always try knitting, or maybe crocheting or needlepointing. This thread has already lead to a lot of darning.

I'm down to riding in the rain at this point. Went out yesterday, caught two showers. Not so bad. Trying again today with rain forecast again in late afternoon. Might beat it this time. It might not rain Wednesday, then supposedly a dry stretch after that.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm down to riding in the rain at this point. Went out yesterday, caught two showers. Not so bad. Trying again today with rain forecast again in late afternoon. Might beat it this time. It might not rain Wednesday, then supposedly a dry stretch after that.
    There you go... dry skies will soon materialize

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Beat the rain for a change today. No riding until Thursday now. As I may have said, getting caught and starting out in it are two different things!

Down in the delta

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Another ride ruined by Mother Nature tonight. Wait all day then we get downpours. Loving it. No big mileage year this season.

It was pretty bad down here in the Delta last week. I rode a couple short RTEs, but no real mileage, not even my normal commute to work on the bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B