Just logged over 1000 miles

Thread: Just logged over 1000 miles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Good God!

You did that in one day?!?! Anything over 200 miles and I am toast. Especially my .

I can't log the miles enjoyably the many others seems to be able to. I rode 170 miles through the Finger Lakes yesterday, with multiple stops including a 30 minute lunch break. I was ready to be home.

I wonder if I was given an overdose of Nassatol when I was younger. I will have to check into this.

Anyway, I am glad that you arrived safely.
    Me to at this stage of life(almost 78)...I did 300 miles in Northern Michigan last Saturday and was literally "whipped" when I got home and that trip included a lunch stop and 4 rest stops...But I enjoyed the day and the bike ran great as usual ...Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Me to at this stage of life(almost 78)...I did 300 miles in Northern Michigan last Saturday and was literally "whipped" when I got home and that trip included a lunch stop and 4 rest stops...But I enjoyed the day and the bike ran great as usual ...Ride safe
    Yeah, well I am half your age and I have never enjoyed rides that exceed 150 miles, even with some stops built in. Obviously, it is me. The first 50-60 miles are great. Comfortable and relaxing. I take a break, get gas, drink some water. Then I am good for 30-40, need another break to continue the enjoyment. Throw in a lunch break and I am good for another 50-60 miles, then I have to stop every 30-40 miles or 45-60 minutes. My ass is sore and I feel like I need to move. Standing up and straddling the bike at stop lights/signs seems to buy me a few minutes of comfort after I get going again.

Perhaps my gear is an issue. My Schuberth helmet is hot at any temps above 75, and my armor jacket is black and only partially mesh. I am pretty warm while riding, even at highway speeds. I also wear a hi-viz zip up vest, which is mesh, but it still reduces airflow.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6