Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Me to at this stage of life(almost 78)...I did 300 miles in Northern Michigan last Saturday and was literally "whipped" when I got home and that trip included a lunch stop and 4 rest stops...But I enjoyed the day and the bike ran great as usual ...Ride safe
Yeah, well I am half your age and I have never enjoyed rides that exceed 150 miles, even with some stops built in. Obviously, it is me. The first 50-60 miles are great. Comfortable and relaxing. I take a break, get gas, drink some water. Then I am good for 30-40, need another break to continue the enjoyment. Throw in a lunch break and I am good for another 50-60 miles, then I have to stop every 30-40 miles or 45-60 minutes. My ass is sore and I feel like I need to move. Standing up and straddling the bike at stop lights/signs seems to buy me a few minutes of comfort after I get going again.

Perhaps my gear is an issue. My Schuberth helmet is hot at any temps above 75, and my armor jacket is black and only partially mesh. I am pretty warm while riding, even at highway speeds. I also wear a hi-viz zip up vest, which is mesh, but it still reduces airflow.