Gold Wing club?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Wing club?

Gold Wing club?

I went for a local RTE last night. 11 bikes...me, one 2010 full wing, and a bunch of other whatever's The guy with the wing suggested I sign up to the national Wing club. Any opinions on that? I don't feel that full wings acknowledge our bikes in the first place. Not sure I want to be bothered. They do meet a couple towns over once a month, so not out of the way for that.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I find that as time goes on, seemingly everyone one wants a piece of my free time. Many different M/C groups, clubs, Vet organizations, etc. It's becoming a whirlwind... I'm becoming very picky in this time and age as to who gets a piece of my free time. And money.

One can go nuts trying to fulfill every obligation.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

When I first got my F6B I joined the GWRRA. My thoughts being that their forums would some how be useful, the monthly magazine is OK, the Gold Book is a great idea and the road side assistance. The NH Chapters are pretty active; but it seems the majority of their rides are of the RTE variety. My type of riding is just putting my butt in the saddle and wander aimlessly on country roads while all my senses take in everything.

$57 for membership with Rescue Plus is worth it to me. That gives me 10 - up to 100 mile tows per year. Though in all the years I've been at this I only had to be towed once.

As far as joining local clubs I've also pulled out of all of them. Just ran out of time and everyone wants money for everything. Now I am highly selective. I must admit that I do enjoy poker runs.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    When I first got my F6B I joined the GWRRA. My thoughts being that their forums would some how be useful, the monthly magazine is OK, the Gold Book is a great idea and the road side assistance. The NH Chapters are pretty active; but it seems the majority of their rides are of the RTE variety. My type of riding is just putting my butt in the saddle and wander aimlessly on country roads while all my senses take in everything.

$57 for membership with Rescue Plus is worth it to me. That gives me 10 - up to 100 mile tows per year. Though in all the years I've been at this I only had to be towed once.

As far as joining local clubs I've also pulled out of all of them. Just ran out of time and everyone wants money for everything. Now I am highly selective. I must admit that I do enjoy poker runs.
    He did say the magazine is good. I think I have towing on my policy, need to check that. I also like to ride. Last night was ok, since it's a weeknight and I work. I'm not into short rides to eat then come home on weekends. I'm not going to lose sleep dwelling on this. I don't think I'm missing out on too much.

Opinions are appreciated.

Remember for the price and what your getting it is cheap, they will tow anything your driving.
    The Gold book is priceless if you ever need it, and a flat tire can happen on any ride.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Remember for the price and what your getting it is cheap, they will tow anything your driving.
    The Gold book is priceless if you ever need it, and a flat tire can happen on any ride.
    Cool....this are things I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Cool....this are things I don't know.
    We have our own version of the Gold Wing Book:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ate-Phone-list

I keep a copy in my owners manual in the trunk.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    We have our own version of the Gold Wing Book:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ate-Phone-list

I keep a copy in my owners manual in the trunk.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I didn't know what that was either! I thought coupons or something. I'm on that list I think.

I went to a couple of local GWRRA events. They seem to be very safety oriented and setup training/practice courses to work on your riding skills.

Their rides were not what I was used to. They had a route sheet and said have a good time. Many of the people where there for the food, activities, 50/50 and raffles versus the rides. The other riding club I would ride with do exactly that, ride, 250 to 500 miles per day.

They did have a cool concept on the raffles. You selectively place your purchased tickets in the jugs for the prizes you are interested in versus a general pot. One jug per prize. This should increase your chances a little of getting what you want/need versus something you have no use for.

I'm not one for meetings either...