Is anybody going to Sturgis?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody going to Sturgis?

Is anybody going to Sturgis?

Is anybody going to Sturgis this year 2017?

Right now my cousin and I are planning to leave from the Poconos in PA. on Thursday August 3 and returning by the 13th, weather permitting. But the weather fronts and patterns will dictate our final decisions. If anybodies interested in joining us this is our plan. There will be some long hauls but fun and comfort is our priority.
    The rally will be the target but our objective will be to see the many sites and national parks out that way. We plan on staying in moderate Motels and eating well along the way. Camping is not our preferred way.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Was planning on going but decided on the Smoky Mountain trip instead, will do Sturgis again next year. I do believe jm21ddd15 was planning on going. Good luck w/finding a hotel anywhere near Sturgis unless you have already booked. I love the atmosphere and the vibe Sturgis puts out. Have fun !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Was planning on going but decided on the Smoky Mountain trip instead, will do Sturgis again next year. I do believe jm21ddd15 was planning on going. Good luck w/finding a hotel anywhere near Sturgis unless you have already booked. I love the atmosphere and the vibe Sturgis puts out. Have fun !!
    We are planning on staying at least 100 miles outside of Sturgis. We're not really into the party scene and don't mind a 100 mile morning ride. Do you think 100 miles is far enough?

I always stayed at the camp grounds, I would like to think 100 would be more than enough.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    We are planning on staying at least 100 miles outside of Sturgis. We're not really into the party scene and don't mind a 100 mile morning ride. Do you think 100 miles is far enough?
    I've found the difficulty of finding rooms highly exaggerated. You won't find bargains but they're there to be had. Hill City is one of our favorite towns to stay at. I'll likely go up but only for a day or two.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You might want to consider Sundance, Wyoming as a place to stay. On my Sturgis visit several years ago this was our base and it worked out great -- just under an hour (50 mins or so) west of Sturgis and a short 52 mile ride. Well located too for just heading out into the Black Hills.

Love the area but will not go during Pirate week.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Thanks for the comebacks. Now I have at least 2 towns to consider.
    It sounds like what I thought more bad press from the doomsayers then the goers.

Went last year and stayed in Deadwood...Had a great time and got lots of compliments from Harley riders..I have a Dyna Wide Glide but prefer my F6B on the long rides...Heading there again this weekend but will hit Glacier Nat'l Park first for a few days..Rolling out to Sturgis after that..So there will be another Honda there..
    a1scoot

I will be there. Heading out on the 1st, and back on the 8th. Staying in Nemo, about 10 miles south of Sturgis. Not sure I will even go into the city of Sturgis. Was thru there a month ago. It actually looked like a regular town, then. Not gonna be that way, for the next 3 weeks! Get out early in the morning, for the best riding. All the pirates are sleeping off their booze heads! And it gets hot, later in the day!