Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My EXO500 is 3lb 10oz in a large
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

We're flying out tomorrow morning to Midland MI and will be driving back to the Raleigh NC area (our home) between Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to have time to stop at Iron Pony Motorsports in Ohio on the way back Saturday afternoon. It appears to be on our drive and I've never seen such a huge store! You should google search them and check out the pictures. I'd be even more broke if I lived near that store......
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I ditched my Kabuto Ibuki several months ago. The shield developed a gap and it couldn't be fixed....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks a bunch. I only found it in gloss black and I read the chin vent was not good and really bad on a bike with a windshield like my GW. Who knows what I'll end up with if I go to Iron Pony. If I can't make it there, I'm just gonna order the Scorpion. I've had great luck with mine.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Another modular worth noting is the RPHA Max from HJC. I was looking for quiet above all else and this one rated just under the Schuberts. Once I bought it I was even more impressed with the airflow and how light it was. I think I picked mine up for around $360. I've had mine for about 4 years now I think. Next year I'll replace it with the same model.

I'm close to agreeing. I bought a matte black RPHA Max a couple of months ago. After about 100 miles, my forehead felt like it was in a vice. It was quiet and had good vision to each side, so I'll be using the old spoon trick and get some of the forehead material pressed down for a bit more clearance. I'm clueless whether I'm a round, oval, intermediate oval, square, rectangular, or whatever head shape. The "Lidpicker" arrived yesterday, so I'll be measuring my skull tomorrow and see if I wasted $25 on the calipers. I also picked up a Kabuto Aeroblade Torrent and that helmet is sweet for my head. Too bad Kabuto decided to hit the trail with the American market.

I believe I'm just left of the middle of oval vs round, probably oval narrow. I think the best fitting one so far has been the Bell Qualifier DLX, so I may end up not going modular. Frickin forehead pain is no joke. It's only amplified by the wind too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN