Ride off stand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride off stand

Ride off stand

Greetings from New England,

Has anyone installed one of these? I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for the factory center stand, plus the ride off concept is something I really liked on my last bike. You can get one for under $200 and I don't see any negatives. Anyone have some insight?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by dkooris View Post

Has anyone installed one of these? I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for the factory center stand, plus the ride off concept is something I really liked on my last bike. You can get one for under $200 and I don't see any negatives. Anyone have some insight?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    The only draw back for us older folks is that this stand will not raise the rear off ground enough for real service.

Re: Older folks

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    The only draw back for us older folks is that this stand will not raise the rear off ground enough for real service.
    I did think about that, but for the times you service vs times you ride, a ride off stand is starting to make sense.

Geoff

Circle-5
    I have a Ride-Off stand and I like it. But like shortleg says, sometimes it would be nice to get the rear wheel off the ground (for starters, to find the valve stem).

My F6B came without a center stand, so this one made sense, but if I had the OEM center stand, I would probably not replace it.

I never had the opportunity to park a Wing on its OEM center stand, but the Ride-Off makes it amazingly effortless – much easier than with bikes half the weight.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I have a ride off stand and I love it. Use a piece of 1/2 plywood under the centerstand and it will lift the rear wheel just enough to get it off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    I have a ride off stand and I love it. Use a piece of 1/2 plywood under the centerstand and it will lift the rear wheel just enough to get it off the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    I have a Ride-Off stand and I like it. But like shortleg says, sometimes it would be nice to get the rear wheel off the ground (for starters, to find the valve stem).

My F6B came without a center stand, so this one made sense, but if I had the OEM center stand, I would probably not replace it.
    I never had the opportunity to park a Wing on its OEM center stand, but the Ride-Off makes it amazingly effortless – much easier than with bikes half the weight.
    Anyone have a link to a centre stand? I'd like to look at it....thanx

C

A link to the "ride off stand" would be nice. Sounds like it may be easier to get it up too.

Ride off stand

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    A link to the "ride off stand" would be nice. Sounds like it may be easier to get it up too.
    http://wingstuff.com/products/2364-b...?from_search=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baker Built Center Replacement Stand

Baker sells one you may want to throw an eyeball on.

http://bakerbuiltairwings.com/prodde...hp?prod=H18CRS

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post

I have three pieces of 2x12 about 18 inches long that I ride upon to do service. For front tire removal I have a Pitbull Jack. Both of these options work out well. The ride off stand would work just as well as stock in this manner.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com