Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
In my research I understood the neo tech to have excellent airflow / cooling. I don't own one yet but I'll most likely be buying one very soon. Can you adjust the top vent in a way to work for you? If that doesn't work I do have a non-helmet suggestion for you. Keep a well soaked linen towel wrapped around your neck as often as you can. All the best on your ride.

From a review

"The top vent on the Neotec is a simple slider. Push it back, through one or two clicks, and it opens.Fresh air pours through the helmet -- what can only be called a "curtain" of air flows through over the top of the head. No need for multiple switches, buttons and exotic spoilers, assemblies and plastic gimcracks. Just make the darn thing flow some air, and this one does! Maybe it takes big bucks to design a system that actually works? Doubtful. Instead, it's more likely that a smart designer who actually rides a motorcycle can figure this out. Apparently Shoei has one, because the Neotec has what has to be the best ventilation in a flip-up helmet you'll find (let's hope we find one that's better!) and it beats, oh, maybe 98% of the full-face designs also."
I might be wrong, but I think when the OP said he had a "hot spot", he meant a spot that became sore after awhile. Just guessin'.