Who's really at fault - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's really at fault

One thing I missed the first time I watched the video. The cager was illegally in the car pool lane (minimum $481 fine). Only one person in the car. That makes at least 4 violations.

Cool

A clear answer cannot be had until the previous actions, ( before the tape started ) are known. As far as the law in FLA, from what I saw the car encroached in the lane of the bike...kicking a car ...not sure what law violation that would be.....criminal mischief maybe... everything after that is on the car driver.. he tried to and did hit the bike which is felony in Fla, lost control and caused the rest.... I don't really see leaving the scene on the biker part as he was a victim, had no damage and did not really need an accident report...

Again, kinda like the NFL the person starting the foul is never seen just the retaliation ....JMO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Who's on First

The Biker (Harley Street Glide if you zoom in) is at fault. He initiated contact. Having said that, the car then intentionally rammed the biker. That action then caused the collision with the innocent truck. Criminally, the biker will be charged with damaging the car and failing to remain at the scene of an accident. The car driver will be charged with assault with a weapon, dangerous driving etc. These road rage incidents never turn out well for anyone. I don't understand the thought process. Keep cool, take down the offender's information, plate, car, colour etc and report him. You stay safe and your tax dollars give back some value. Ride with your head up.

Not to mention the camera operator that caught it all.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Damn good motorcycle rider, minus the hothead behavior.

The report I read from the Sheriff spokesperson was the cage driver entered the carpool lane and almost hit the motorcyclist. This initiated the motorcycle then kicking the door of the cage, thus escalating the situation.
    Action reaction situation, Was the cage driver startled by the motorcyclist that they almost hit or was it retaliation?
    They had not interviewed the motorcyclist at the time of this report and were investigating. I do not know at this time if the video captured the plate, but I am sure the biker has some explaining to do. Better have some legal on standby.
    Driver in the truck has been released from the hospital and is expected to fully recover(as soon as the check clears)
    The cage driver, if he did almost crunch the motorcyclist and was texting or distracted is the initiation. The bike is also in the wrong and will get some charges if he is found. Did show that he can ride and was lucky he was not killed.

Man if I went to kick every car that has cut me off over the years my boots would be wore out!Sorry as I see it the Biker had a right to be pissed but he escalated the situation by kicking the car.Sometimes one has to just let it go as no good comes out of road rage.Many years of long commuting in the SF bay area taught me that golden rule.

So, how did this happen? The man who shot the video explains the biker was passing cars between lanes, a practice called lane-splitting that’s neither legal nor illegal in the Golden State, according to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website. The Sentra driver bumped into the motorcycle as he was exiting the carpool lane, and the two motorists started yelling at each other.

Witnesses say the biker kicked the Nissan’s driver-side door several times, even before the camera started to roll. One of the passengers told California Highway Patrol that he even flashed a knife at one point. The CHP haven’t charged anyone yet because they don’t know who is responsible, or which crime(s) have been committed. No one wrote down the biker’s license plate number, so they’re patiently waiting for him to come forward and tell his side of the story.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7af6ce3...-apparent.html
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    So, how did this happen? The man who shot the video explains the biker was passing cars between lanes, a practice called lane-splitting that’s neither legal nor illegal in the Golden State, according to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website.
    You are right my friend, California law does allow motorcycles passing other vehicles proceeding in the same direction within the same lane, a practice often called "lane splitting," "lane sharing" or "filtering."

https://www.chp.ca.gov/PressReleases...t-in-2017.aspx
    "Vehicle Motorcycles: Lane Splitting (AB 51, Quirk) Current law does not change; lane splitting by a motorcyclist remains legal if done safely. This bill defines lane splitting as driving a motorcycle, which has two wheels in contact with the ground, between rows of stopped or moving vehicles in the same lane. The bill permits the CHP to develop lane splitting educational safety guidelines in consultation with other state traffic safety agencies and at least one organization focused on motorcycle safety."

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Traffic wasn't heavy in this video so if the rider was lane-splitting it may have been the kind of lane-splitting that's all too common in CA: the kind that occurs no matter how fast or slow traffic is traveling. Some riders think it's as much their right to lane split at 75 as at a standstill. It pisses me off, can only imagine how drivers react.

CAVEAT: I have no idea what transpired before the start of this video. But I am a lifelong Californian so I know of what I speak.