Changing Insurance

Thread: Changing Insurance

Changing Insurance

Anyone on the board have any experiences/thoughts on Farmers Insurance for car, house, motorcycle, etc. I have been with State Farm for many, many years, but their rates are killing me here in Michigan...Got a quote from Farmers that was significantly lower than my current rates and am thinking of switching as I think I am "getting hosed" with State Farm...No accidents or tickets on my record or on my wife's...Any thoughts??

There's an old saying "there is no honor among thieves" the insurance industry is synonymous with the word thieves. If you have any doubts Just check out the current health care mess.

I find about every 3 years I have to go out and get quotes on all my policies just to try and keep them half honest. Just be certain you're comparing apples with apples.

As you stated you never used your policy yet your rates continue to go up. When I questioned my agent with that same argument he told me "see there your odds of a probable claim are going uP and that's why we have to raise your rates". Yet they never give us credit for the years of no claims. They just use their bookie mentality to generate profits.

Try Markel Bikeline insurance, have been with them for 17 years, In PA my liability insurance was only 64.00 a year, then when I took full coverage for my F6b it's still well under 200 for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Anyone on the board have any experiences/thoughts on Farmers Insurance for car, house, motorcycle, etc. I have been with State Farm for many, many years, but their rates are killing me here in Michigan...Got a quote from Farmers that was significantly lower than my current rates and am thinking of switching as I think I am "getting hosed" with State Farm...No accidents or tickets on my record or on my wife's...Any thoughts??
    Howdy Opas Ride,
    I ran into the same thing, been with State Farm forever, this year there was a HUGE increase in my premium.
    Clean record, no tickets.
    I believe I called about 5-6 different agents, and believe it or not, State Farm was cheaper.
    Allstate wanted to verify I had seat belts, I chuckled and walked out of that office.
    Progressive was double State Farm.
    Geico said they'd get back with me, still waiting for that call back.

But, I really need to do some EXTRA homework before my premium is due next spring.

Insurance is all over the place. Here in Mass, Progressive beat out everyone else. State to state, not equal.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Insurance is all over the place. Here in Mass, Progressive beat out everyone else. State to state, not equal.
    Yes, very localized, very case-by-case. Progressive for me with full coverage is always the cheapest...roughly $200/year. Geico is $300, and my agent, who reps for Progressive, is $250. He is pissed that the rate they give him is higher than their online direct-to-consumer rate. He said to, obviously, go with the online rate.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6