Not happy. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not happy.

Cool

I missed the point where the police will " follow up " if she does not pay??? I don't know how these things work in your country, but here there is an accident report and the insurance companies " follow up " on these events. Hope it works out for you !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Police Follow Up

This isn't considered an "accident" in policing circles. Two parked vehicles. It is however the criminal offence of mischief to property (CDN Terminology), however the legal principles are the same as if the same stupid person sat on a piece of art (motorcycle) and it tipped over into a parked vehicle or a window etc. Stupid is criminal liable for the damage. The police will follow up if she doesn't make the victim's happy (bike and car owner), they can charge her criminally and make the repair costs part of the criminal restitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcityd View Post
    This isn't considered an "accident" in policing circles. Two parked vehicles. It is however the criminal offence of mischief to property (CDN Terminology), however the legal principles are the same as if the same stupid person sat on a piece of art (motorcycle) and it tipped over into a parked vehicle or a window etc. Stupid is criminal liable for the damage. The police will follow up if she doesn't make the victim's happy (bike and car owner), they can charge her criminally and make the repair costs part of the criminal restitution.
    Exactly. Her vehicle insurance won't cover her as it had nothing to do with her car. this comes out of her pocket.

Just an update.... The woman rang me today and was very apologetic and embarrassed (rightly so too. ) She has said she will obviously cover cost of all repairs.

That is good to hear !. It always P$$es me off to have anyone touch my bike without express permission.Knocking it over would take a lot to maintain control. Happy that she sobered up and is going to cover the damage though..

Most edifying to know that members of this forum have never been drunk and behaved foolishly.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy hudson View Post
    Most edifying to know that members of this forum have never been drunk and behaved foolishly.
    How presumptuous of you

The difference is being drunk and behaving foolishly... and not getting caught.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy hudson View Post
    And of course as we all know bikers know.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    How presumptuous of you

The difference is being drunk and behaving foolishly... and not getting caught.

You're right willtill - God knows I've had my share of phuck ups, drunk, sober or in-between, and gotten by with more than my fair share...