Poor man's LED headlights...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor man's LED headlights...

Poor man's LED headlights...

...in a manner of speaking.

I wanted my stock low beams to match more of the LED light appearance of my Socal driving lights. But I didn't want to go through the expense of upgrading the low beam H7's to LED's... (which means that I would then feel compelled to upgrade the high beams too... and then I would have to buy a different LED specific Kisan Headlight Modulator) So... I am going to try these out and see what they look like:

Sylvania SilverStar H7 Headlight

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-...&wl13=&veh=sem

I know that there's an finite lifespan to these halogen bulbs... but they seem to be cheap enough (when buying from Walfart online) and if I would need to replace them every year... so be it... if they give me the appearance and a little better visibility than the stock bulbs on low beam.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

They're suppose to work great. Let us know.

I installed these on my bike. they are whiter and brighter than stock H7's but they tend to last less than a year. I replaced one at about 10 months and the other at about a year. On my previous Goldwing the stock bulbs were still in the bike when I traded it in after 8 years.

i do enjoy the brighter lights but I now carry a spare bulb with me. They are definitely brighter but a little more hassle and expense. You judge if it is worth it.

Keep riding and keep smiling
    Az wingrider

When I coverted the front turn signals the first week of June I changed out the low beams to Silverstars. The left one made it a month. The replacement made it3 weeks. Trying a different brand similar to PIAS

Well... too late unless I take them back. Already ordered them online yesterday. Picking them up at Wal-fart tomorrow night. Just $20.00 for a pair. Will be an interesting experiment to see how they look and how long they last.

I'll pack away the OEM bulbs in the saddlebag in case one of the Silverstars blows while I'm on the road.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

If you buy from oriellys think they warranty them for 1 year, got a free one the other day after 6 month burn out

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    If you buy from oriellys think they warranty them for 1 year, got a free one the other day after 6 month burn out
    That a good deal. Unfortunately we do not have O'reilly's here in the Peoples Repuklic of Marylandistan...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I have been using the SilverStars for many years. Started back with my 2000 Valk Interstate and put over 100K miles on it only replacing 5 bulbs in total. And the Valk I/S has dual headlights like the F6B and I would only replaced the bulb that was bad, not the pair.

Now I have had them in my F6B for about 10K miles and still on the first pair. Sure hope I didn't jinx myself!!!!

The Silverstar Ultra.... have a very short life but I have found the Silverstar to be pretty good.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Cool

I bought a set for a vehicle...not sure which...took them back...they sucked!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

some of you guyz are making me feel great

Just went to Wal-fart... they shipped but haven't arrived yet. Priced them off the shelf while I was there - $34.99 ...so I'm saving like $15.00 oredering them online.

If they suck... well they suck. The fat lady ain't sung yet...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537