Poor man's LED headlights... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor man's LED headlights...

Well...

..this is interesting. Seems that Sylvania recognizes the short life of the bulbs

This is off of the back of the package (verbatim):

SYLVANIA Silver Start bulbs are engineered to provide better down road performance and clarity. which results in product life that is less than Basic bulbs. An average driver will use their low beam headlights 100 hours per year. SYLVANIA guarantees your complete satisfaction for up to 12 months from date of purchase. If your are not completely satisfied... yada yada yada... return them or call them....

So... seems to be the reason they burn out so quick. Short service life as recognized by the manufacturer. Haven't installed them yet but will shortly... and I'll keep my receipt to swap out bulbs (pain in da azz) if need be... but I doubt that find my receipt later.

Oh well... be cool to see the difference. I'll post a pic of one bulb swapped out in comparison to the OEM bulb later in this thread.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ufff...

Had snapped a photo for comparison between the OEM and the new Silverstar. Tinypic.com sometimes has issues... will try later

Imgur to the resecue:

The SilverStar is installed on the right (as you are viewing the bike). Definitely a little whiter light. However I've popped it out for now... and replaced with the OEM. Will try these suckers later.

I'm really not all that jazzed about the short life of these bulbs. The low beams are easy enough to get to; in order to replace a bulb on this bike. However a bulb should be as reliable as a car tire (on a bike) with no worries...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The low beams are easy enough to get to; in order to replace a bulb on this bike.
    Only if one has small hands...

Quote Originally Posted by OlyF6B View Post
    Only if one has small hands...
    I have a set of LED's for the high beams just sitting here collecting dust because I can't fit my mits in there to change them.

Use long reach needle nose pliers

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I have a set of LED's for the high beams just sitting here collecting dust because I can't fit my mits in there to change them.
    See post #5 in the below thread:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...ght+modulators

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537